Honda Clones/Junk

Rock

Get real on these engines people.You buy them because there cheap,right?
Not worth your time and few cents.Save your money for something real.

Rock

Last edited:
Get real on these engines people.You buy them because there cheap,right?
Not worth your time and few cents.Save your money for something real.

Rock
They are not perfect, we all are aware of that fact. And they are affordable, but for the most part they are great engines! As horsepower goes they are great, and mine have started every time on the first pull. With mods they are capable of a great deal of HP 13+ is common and some make even more! Yes more expensive engines are capable of the same power but at many times the cost, and if ya got the cabbage then that's cool! You are entitled to your opinion and your preference in brands, but bashing our beloved clones is not cool IMO as they are quite "real" and just look at box stock Kart Racing, they are using clones for the very reasons we do, and becoming the fastest growing segment of the sport for those reasons! And those engines are made by lifan, the yellow ones can be purchased with no tanks, governer or low oil sensors. And also some outfits sell them race ready with billet components, racing carbs with pumps engine cover-plates and throttle setups for like $750 in some cases! A comparable briggs would be $1350+ with everything! "That's all I have to say about that" Forest, Forest Gump..............

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I perfer the real Honda motors for myself, but that's just me. I don't have a problem with the clones unless I'm going over 20hp.

What is the correct terminology for the OP wanting to start an argument?

Anyway I along with countless others love the Lifan clone.There is nothing to defend as these clones already have proven themselves.

Honda 6.5's are great engines,we all know that BUT they are overpriced in my opinion.You can buy 3-4 clones for the price of one Honda.

I think if I disliked the 6.5 Lifans I would go with a cheaper than Honda B&S.At least you can find good priced Briggs.

You can get Take-Off GX200's for $275.00 from small engine warehouse or boxed new ones for 310 free shipping from NR. Counting drive time, gas, and sales tax for a California emission clone from HF........Well, it's still twice the price but you get the real deal.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
This guys sounds a lot like someone that use to be on this we site. Later on he was kicked off the site from just being plain out of control.

Well my " Junk Pile " suits me just fine.

" La Vache " is now a clutch killer. Just burned up the clutch on my MB165 climbing a hill. Ripped up the tyre pretty good too on the rocks.
Point being you only get out of an engine what you put in it. If you pay more for a a realy good engine someone put the goodies in for you.

Net cost depends on if you can do for yourself or need to pay for it.

My back hurts what a ride man!
Trails I don't need no stinkin trails and I don't need a Briggs to get me there.

65ShelbyClone

Rock said in another post that the Honda GC engines are junk are junk too. Five posts so far and two were trolling....not looking good for you, Rock.

these engines are cheap because of the metal they use to produce them.Plus alot of other reasons.I wish i could tell you what I do for a living,but I am not allowed to.My contract prohibits that.I don't want to start a arguement.You bought it because it was
the right change in your pocket.And you have good hopes.But think about down the road.
not just because it starts on every pull....."so far" Do your own research! ASK YOURSELF
why did I get this so cheap!And why am I talking so good about the clone?Is it because I am the owner of it...and I don't want to bash myself.RESEARCH IT FIRST!
Rock

Haha can't tell us what your job is? If you're unemployed just say it! If you still live in your mamas basement just say it! Clones are good engines for the price, you need to do some research before you try to start a fight. Most people on this site don't mind hondas and clones and the others that do mind them keep their traps shut. So if you don't like clones than keep it to yourself. Every now and then a member like you comes around, makes a few posts or two, and gets banned. As you probably will, just like flexo luke, caper crazy, broncco, broncco 2,3,4,5.

Common sense!
Take your engine apart and do a comparison on engine quality.Seems like Mini drag bike
knows the real deal.he's a experienced engine man.
Look.....you own a counterfeit engine.....or a clone.....and you want to stand behind it
and talk good about it because you are the proud owner!Cool!!!! But research it before you sign on the dotted line.Ask some of the senior experienced engine people on this site.
They will tell you the real deal.

I didn't say nothin bad about real HONDAS.Their isnt nothin bad to say.You don't get banned for saying what you feel.thats what forums are about.

Last edited: