Honda CT90

toomanytoys

Saturday I got up and did my morning Craigslist search to see if I wanted to go look at anything. Well I was looking at minibikes, looking for Honda 70s, and go karts. Well up pops this CT90 about an hour away. 325 orginal miles, all orginal. Drove around a camp for the summer of 1970 and put in a garage under a blanket for 41 years. The price was up there, he had it listed for 1800 dollars. I figured what the heck, me and my dad hopped in the truck and went down the road figuring it would be cool to look at and maybe we could find some other cool stuff to look at on the way with my handy craiglist iphone app.

We got there, the bike is flawless, not a chip or scratch on it. The orginal tool pouch still in the honda bag from when it was new. The guy had the gas tank sealed, new fuel lines, new chain and a plug put in it. It starts very first kick. I started talking to him and got him down to 1200 bucks and ended up buying it. Did I pay too much? Maybe, but man I sure do love it.

This is the ony picture I have of it right now. Been too busy riding it. I am going after work to get the plates for it. I already put 50 miles on it riding around town.

toomanytoys

I would have paid $1200.00 in a heartbeat. One clean machine.
It seemed like a big price to pay for a time capsule. But I am love with it. I'll snap a few pictures of it tonight and post them up tomorrow. I feel bad for putting miles on it but I just got my plates and I'll cruise it around town a good bit.

Hell yea!!Take a look at ebay,those sell around 2500 that nice. 1200 was a steal.Hell put a thousand miles on it then sell it to me for 1200.NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful bike! I have restored two and use them as daily runners. Very dependable and when tuned right will give you years of enjoyment. Make sure the battery is in good working order cause that is what makes or breaks the running condition work. Upgrade to a radio shack rectifier (very easy). Alot of people convert to bigger cc Lifan motors but in my opinion the Honda overhead is one of the finest motors built in the 60's/70's. These bikes have registered millions of miles around Australia/New Zealand as their main postal delivery vehicle. :thumbsup: My 1971 K3 has over 6000 miles.

toomanytoys

Beautiful bike! I have restored two and use them as daily runners. Very dependable and when tuned right will give you years of enjoyment. Make sure the battery is in good working order cause that is what makes or breaks the running condition work. Upgrade to a radio shack rectifier (very easy). Alot of people convert to bigger cc Lifan motors but in my opinion the Honda overhead is one of the finest motors built in the 60's/70's. These bikes have registered millions of miles around Australia/New Zealand as their main postal delivery vehicle. :thumbsup: My 1971 K3 has over 6000 miles.
I've been looking at the 140CC Lifan converstion. Since I like this bike so much I may end up picking up another cheap runner with a title and doing this to it.

motocycle

Ct-90

Great Find,

I have had a few CT-90's and in fact just sold one in July; but never one that looked that good.

They are very popular at the flea-markets, for transportation. You can't hardly find a CT-90 that is Running, Starts Fairly well, Not missing too many pieces, and usually really worn out, for less than $600. Most will have a weak clutch, and some fuel problem also. Oh yea, maybe no title.

To find one as nice as yours is a real treat.

Never be afraid to pay, for something in really good original condition. You didn't pay too much if you like it.

motocycle

The 90cc is durable and will climb,climb and climb in low range. The Lifan does not have the dual range trans and requires partial cutting of the frame and wiring changes. My bike is same as yours (look under my photos) Your bike is worth much more than you paid:thumbsup:

zeeman

Yep, that is a sweet CT. I have restored one,and have two more to go. I had no problem getting a tag for my 1970 without a title, but I'm in Georgia. They are really fun. That one looks like it was ridden from the buddy seat. It's worn more than the real seat. Nice find, and at a fair price.