honda lightning coil and flywheel.

hey guys i have 2 Honda charging (lightning coils) the mount inside the flywheel to the block and are used to run lights and exc... comes with the special flywheel needed for use.

i am selling these for 75 bucks each shipped to your door.

i will post up pics tonight.

:thumbsup:

125ccCrazy

will these work with an ARC billet flywheel?

i don't have plans to run lights (at least on my DB) but i'm just curious.
no, the flywheel has to have magnets on the inside to excite the coil just like the ignition coil, most of those set ups were points engines from back in the day...I may be wrong but I think they may have been 6 volts, not real up on these..

Tecumseh set up
View attachment 7962

Will these work on a 6.5hp HF (Lifan) clone?
no different set up

Last edited:
will these work with an ARC billet flywheel?

i don't have plans to run lights (at least on my DB) but i'm just curious.
the ones i have are not off points engines. they have the flywheels with 2 magnets inside of it and a coil that bolts on the inside of the flywheel to the block.

they are genuine Honda flywheels so you don't have to worry about them exploding. and you only gain a 200 to 400 rpm difference between the billet and stock flywheel, and slightly more quick revs.

hey strigoi pm me and i might be able to cut you a deal on both of the sets.

125ccCrazy

Whooops...

My mistake, I was thinking briggs parts because of your name, DOAH me.... Sorry about that David...

so these are off the OHV engines?? HMMM thats an interesting idea...

also forgot to mention since these are gx 160 flywheels when they are installed on a gx200 or 6.5 clone it give it a + 4* degree timing advancement with the stock key way.