Honda Three-wheeler

Anybody know if a honda clone could be dropped in a 1983 Honda 200? If so, I was wondering if it would ge the same speeds as the original Honda motor?:eek::shrug:

Are you talking about the Lifan 200cc clone of the Honda motorcycle style engine with a 5 speed trans. Or the 6.5 OHV clone from Harbor freight.

Shewwwww I thought of putting a briggs 5 horse in a 200X And I think the engine would have gone pretty well.. You'd want a torque converter to get much of anything for power out of it, plus I'm not sure about the way the engine is angled, might crash into frame parts... BUT.... it's quite a large area and I'm sure if you are already hackin and weldin, she'd probably go... Or you could put the engine in backwards, then just hack the tranny off the honda, and drive that with a ceterfugal clutch and have a 6.5, 5 speed.. :laugh:

That sounds good, I think it could fit cause I would take the tank off the 6.5OHV. I was just wondering if anyone else has done this swap. :cowboy:

The 200cc lifan 5 speed could be made to work but there are problems like the counter sprocket is offset a bit but there are corrective sprockets and it may not just bolt right in.
You'll have to get a bunch of the electrical stuff as well and then there is the fact that those engines just simply arent as good as even an old honda.

I still have yet to finish my china-blaster and plan to work on it over the next couple of weeks while I'm off from work.Its not something that I expected to get running in a week but it has been a long time in building now.

The honda engine rebuilt is the best bet in my opinion since once its up and running again it will most likely stay that way for many years, even after you have gotten bored with the three wheeler.