Hotrodminibike warrior header

joekd

I've been looking for a new header for my Warrior, really did not like the small diameter piping on my box stock style header and the way it sat inside the frame

Contacted Brad at www.hotrodminibike.com about his header for the warrior/heat/mb165. He had a few options including one with a flange for the screw in muffler, one that is straight pipe and can use a 1" RLV silencer and even a weld your own kit

I already had a RLV muffler so I ordered the straight pipe

Here's how it looks right out of the box

Notice the D shaped flange and not a smaller diameter circular like some headers use

As you can see it's a good diameter

Test fit on my bike

Love the way it sits clearing the frame leaving just enough room to build a brace

Now to paint it and install the RLV before actual install then I will add some vids of it running

Last edited:

joekd

Great guy to work with too, contacted him by email to ask a fitment question and he came back with 2 options I didn't even know existed!

joekd

I painted the header yesterday using high heat flat black, really do not like the way it looks so I am redoing it with either satin or gloss

I painted the header yesterday using high heat flat black, really do not like the way it looks so I am redoing it with either satin or gloss

The paint will burn off and it will rust unless you use something intended for high temp.

You will need a brace for that or it will crack.

Header wrap is a better idea to prevent leg burns.

joekd

C'mon guys, this ain't my first rodeo

It is high heat paint, if you look at any of my old posts you will see I hate the look of header wrap on bikes, cars, etc

I already bought a can of high heat engine paint in gloss black, I also have some high heat braided sleeving in black I might use as well

Brace is already in the works as well, just redoing the one I had on the kart candy cane header, couple cuts, rebend and instant Warrior header brace

C'mon guys, this ain't my first rodeo

It is high heat paint, if you look at any of my old posts you will see I hate the look of header wrap on bikes, cars, etc

I already bought a can of high heat engine paint in gloss black, I also have some high heat braided sleeving in black I might use as well

Brace is already in the works as well, just redoing the one I had on the kart candy cane header, couple cuts, rebend and instant Warrior header brace
Opps.

There are a lot of threads and its hard to stay on top of all of them.
I tried some different kinds of high heat paint but they never work out for me.
Sooner or later they always seem to rust up.

The paint will burn off and it will rust unless you use something intended for high temp.

You will need a brace for that or it will crack.

Header wrap is a better idea to prevent leg burns.
It will burn off in time no matter what you use. The worst thing you can do is wrap it. That will cause the pipe to rust. A brace is not needed either.

joekd

A brace is not needed either.
I would never run a pipe this long with the weight of the RLV on the end without a brace. Not only will it make sure it doesn't have problems down the road but will make sure nothing comes in contact with the frame during riding as well.

joekd

I tried some different kinds of high heat paint but they never work out for me. Sooner or later they always seem to rust up.
I always use either VHT paint or duplicolor caliper paint, both hold up great

This one was on for almost a year when this pic was taken, that's with caliper paint

I would never run a pipe this long with the weight of the RLV on the end without a brace. Not only will it make sure it doesn't have problems down the road but will make sure nothing comes in contact with the frame during riding as well.
Is it heavy? It doesnt look like it would be. But thats fine. Put one on.

This one was on for almost a year when this pic was taken, that's with caliper paint

I noticed that you didnt brace this....more heavy drop down style header. If you have your header hitting the frame on your bike. A brace is not going to save it. Its not a matter of if it gets messed up.... but when. I was referring to the weight. Obviously according to you and your pic..... weight is not a problem.

Thats about the shortest pipe you can buy dude. :laugh:

I heard of that VHT paint.
I read about some fellows using it before but have never had a first hand acount of how long it lasts or what it looks like after use.

Might be worth looking into, I wonder if they have a Canadian distributor.

joekd

Header video

Here is a video with the header and RLV installed, yes I am aware my chain needs to be tightened :laugh:

warriorheader.MP4 - YouTube

Whoever on this site recommended the high temp electrical sleeving be aware that it lasted exactly 1 minute then began to melt. Going to pull the header off again, strip the flat paint I put on and repaint it with VHT gloss black.

It will burn off in time no matter what you use. The worst thing you can do is wrap it. That will cause the pipe to rust. A brace is not needed either.
I have not had much luck but I know that some of these new genration paints apear to be sticking.

If you don't wrap a pipe with that type of header on a 165 its likely you will get a burn. Rusting has never been an issue on these headers for me, but I use glass tape and cover with high temp silicon sleaving.

You can't run a header like that without a brace it will crack at the flange. If you drop the bike the brace may save the head.