hound dog

cjb

Just got my hands on a "Hound Dog" mini by Dave Stratten out of San Dimas California. It's from the early 70's. Anyone know much about them?

popp

hound dog mini bike

first 1 i owned purchased from principal of charter oak elementary in 1971 he bought it new for his son and decided it was to much power for him i bought it for $80.00 with my paper route money my mother was pta and ok'ed purchase since i was only in 5th grade. had that 5 h.p. b & s off and apart before my dad made it home and boy did i here it he thought i'd never get it back together - told him i had to know what made it work few gaskets and i was out that weekend to the drylake el mirage 1 hand on the throttle and 1 on the jet screw topped out just under 40 mph along side the car the cross over gear link to chain drive on right side aloud for great climbing my buddy adam could not climb with his 3 h.p. taco it would climb any grade the yahama 80 would but coming back down that rear drum brake did'nt cut it i usually crossed over and power slide down them. as for jumping that 1" inch sq tubing broke at front forks came back with motor hung low and had the neighbor add gusset on both sides never broke again with alot of jumping hope you have as much fun with yours as i did with mine back when.

Man thats a way kool fugly looking bike!! do you like to whistel?? does your wife or girlfriend like your smile??? cuz it looks like a busted mouth tooth breaker to me!!:hack:to your mini bike