how do i know

how do i know if my comet drive is a tc 88 or 20 series. Im thinking its a tc 88 cause i just bought a three quarter inch comet belt and it is wider then the brass bushing. Shouldnt the belt be same width as brass bushing. When i put cover on driven and tighten it down, it grabs belt and wont let go. Is 20 series a wider unit all together? getten frustrated with all this different size belts. :confused::confused: thanks

looks like its a tc 88 and i need a belt spacer. Does anyone know who carries them? gokartsupply does not nor does mfgsupply. can i just use washers, or does it need to be keyed? thanks

Legman are you still working on that 14" Speedway bike. Did your bike come with the 5/8 belt on it. The 20 series clutch is made for a 3/4 belt. I have not finished putting mine 14' Speedway together yet, but It looks to me the rear driven clutch is made for a 3/4 belt on the 14" speedway bikes. I could be wrong but it is wider than me Rupp rear clutches. I just purchased a 20 series max torque clutch from BMI and was going to get everything fitted up and test run it with the 6.5 in it and then do a tear down and repaint it. So I can let you know when I get the parts in. I,m hoping that it is set up for a 3/4 belt original. If not I will shorten the 20 series down to a 5/8.

i put inside calipers on my drive and it did read 5/8. before i did this i bought a 3/4 belt and was a little wide especially on drive. I dont know that my driven is original. Any way let me know what you come up with. How are you planning on thinning the belt if you have to? later

If my bike has to run a 5/8 to be correct. I will take a 1/8 inch of the front inside driver hub so that it will be fit 5/8 belt. I did this to another clutch I had to fit a 5/8 belt. I copied the one I bought from Brandt to fit on one of my Rupps. The clutches Brandt sells at Ruppparts are max torque and he has them cut down from 3/4 inch to 5/8. That is the only difference I see between the two size of clutches. I hope I can find the correct length belt if I have to run 5/8 belt.