How do I remove the Bearing off the Crank Shaft

Well i took the side cover off what i thought was a stock briggs 5hp to a cam change and realized that it has a billet rod and lifters. The crank also has a ball bearing on it, how do i get the bearing off and put it back on so i can change the cam. Also the cam has no markings on it at all does that means it stock or something else?

zeeman

Not positive about how the Briggs is attached, but I know some Tecumsehs use a cir clip cleverly hidden just behind the side cover seal. Sorta a pain to get it off. Took about 2 1/2 hands to accomplish. If you have the model number, etc., I can check my Vintage Briggs operator's manual and see if it shows how. Someone else on here will probably be able to tell you without looking it up though.

Well i took the side cover off what i thought was a stock briggs 5hp to a cam change and realized that it has a billet rod and lifters. The crank also has a ball bearing on it, how do i get the bearing off and put it back on so i can change the cam. Also the cam has no markings on it at all does that means it stock or something else?
The best way to remove the crankshaft bearing is to remove the crankshaft from the engine and use an automotive bearing press. They do make bearing removal tools that work like gear pullers, but I've had no luck with them.
When I used a bearing press, it took 2 full pumps of the lever just to break it loose.

I've also heard about a technique involving a torch and wd-40.

Camshaft should have at least a dot on it.

i think the dot is hidden behind the bearing, this is depressing i did not want to pull the entire motor apart. What should the rods be torqued down to?