How do U groove tires?

I don't have a grooving iron, but seriously need to remove some tread on my tractor tires.. I used a steak knife to trim the edges round on the front.. Theres no way in hell you can do the rears.. Be months of a process.. :shrug:

:laugh: I dunno.. Thats kinda what I'm wondering.. short drill bit, the depth of the tread...

I got a set of Turf Savers.. I need to remove about %75 of the treads, so they will bite.. :xomunch:

There's gotta be a way somehow..

How bout one of those thick cut off wheels in a right angle grinder.... you'll need a way to control the depth.....and it will stink like hell :doah:

iv used a circular saw to cut sips on my truck tires It was simple just set the depth and go. you can probrobly put a few blades on to make a wide cut :shrug:

Can you fill the grooves instead?
No, thats the problem, it's the big rectangles with very little groove.. Ya fill them and they are slicks.. :laugh:

I want to remove like two of three of the studs, so ya end up with huge grooves, basically a slick with big cleats sticking out..

How bout one of those thick cut off wheels in a right angle grinder.... you'll need a way to control the depth.....and it will stink like hell :doah:
maybe.. I need a new angle grinder, but a cutoff wheel would probably work.. You'd wanna do it outside.. :laugh:

iv used a circular saw to cut sips on my truck tires It was simple just set the depth and go. you can probrobly put a few blades on to make a wide cut :shrug:
BRILLIANT!!!! :laugh:

I kinda would like to be able to remove one 1.5 inch tread, without touching the one next to it though.. :confused:

That might be what happens to it though.. cut strait lines 2 inches wide acros them and :censure: it..

What about a solder iron.
Maybe... might be slow though.. I'm all about seeing results.. :laugh:

An old large wooden soldering iron will accept a tire grooving head I bet. I've got one that has a huge soldering head for big wire and surface soldering that would run one and I bet you could find one cheap like I did. The grooving kits are on feebay but I bet you could find one at a local speed shop.:thumbsup:

The guy at the junkyard has Mud Truck that came 2 / 10'ths of a second shy of setting a 250 foot world record a couple months ago... :laugh:

I don't know who did their tires, but they are cut all to hell..

people that work on 100,000 dollar mud trucks, usually get paid though... :glare:

I can probably figure out some kind of mechanical cutting effect.. Drill bits, router bits, hacksaw blades... I'll figure it out..

lol your gonna end up using the circ saw . I tried making a grover with a big soldering iron and a homemade blade clamped on. it kinda sorta worked till the blade broke. but it wasnt quick or easy. rubber is not easy to work with tools that arnt designed for it