How do you remove valve srpings?

I feel really stupid for asking this question, but how do you remove valve springs? I am rebuilding a 2.8hp DB30 engine and have everything else removed except them, any help would be greatly appreciated.

c4 or det cord works ok too .
if you put the open end of a wrench under the keeper and lift up while pushing the valve shut you can possibly get the keeper off .i do it like that on my flat heads it does work takes time but ....
just shine a light on the keeper and see where the slot is and turn it towards the block . so you just have to lift the keeper and pull back to get it to pop

c4 or det cord works ok too .
if you put the open end of a wrench under the keeper and lift up while pushing the valve shut you can possibly get the keeper off .i do it like that on my flat heads it does work takes time but ....
just shine a light on the keeper and see where the slot is and turn it towards the block . so you just have to lift the keeper and pull back to get it to pop
Thanks metal man :thumbsup: I really appreciate the help. I could buy the tool, but I already have to buy the piston ring compressor thing to put the piston back in so I wanna try to save my money as much as I can for my other projects.

I feel really stupid for asking this question, but how do you remove valve springs? I am rebuilding a 2.8hp DB30 engine and have everything else removed except them, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well, depends if you have good tool skills you can do it with a screwdriver and a socket.

Thanks metal man :thumbsup: I really appreciate the help. I could buy the tool, but I already have to buy the piston ring compressor thing to put the piston back in so I wanna try to save my money as much as I can for my other projects.
no problem :thumbsup:
ring compressors huh ya thems are nice to have . funny thing been working on motors for like 20 years and just ah 2 years ago got me hands on a ring compressor .... still put the dam things in using my finger nails :doah: never used the thing .
you can also use a strip of tin and a zip tie or hose clamp to get them in too . seen it done a few times never done it my self

Removing the valves is a no tool thing! Pull the cam and lifters first. The valve keepers are the spring seats they have a key hole opening-compress the valve spring by lifting the spring seat just a small amount and shift the spring seat off center. I put a cotton sock on top of the valve heads then put the head on too keep the valve still while I losten the spring seat/keeper.