how fast can everyones mini bike go??

Man ...I have built a couple hot rod Baja's that would do every bit of 50mph, and I am in the process of building one of my boonies with a 8hp tecumseh with a Tav-2 on it. It should be scary fast.But I really dont want to be going that fast on a mini with piss poor brakes and no suspension. When I wanna go fast I jump on the big boy toy.It will bury the needle at 130mph in no time with plenty more behind it.Probably close to 150mph if I had a death wish . 1500 cc's will do that. ::001_tt2:

LOL.....yea its my maxi bike....its fun looking like a bear at the circus riding the minis around , but every now and then it doesn't hurt to look cool..:gun_bandana:

it's not that far from being done. i just need to get the front brake together, make a chain, get some pegs and figure out why it doesn't want to run. then it will be rideable. i'm swapping out the bars as soon as i get off my ass and order the stuff for them.

the engine is getting torn down soon for a big cam, head and new carb. i've gotta get ready for the central CA guys. :laugh:

My completely home build mini bike with a ratio of 5.4:1 and a 15 inch diameter tire can go 69.7KM/h or 43.3MPH (GPS verified) on a loose gravel road. I am expecting to get in the mid 70's-low 80's(KM/h) once on an acutal road (i live on a farm). Also the engine has a gx160 head and flywheel.

Mine is in pieces in the garage but it still manages to get close to 67,000 miles per hour:eek: but thats just because earth is traveling that fast, relative to other minibikes on earth mines a no-go.:shrug::sad:

Oldsalt

The Math

MPH = [RPM X Tire Dia.] divided by [Ratio X 336]

RPM = [MPH X Ratio X 336] divided by [Tire Dia.]

For instance 43.3 MPH with a 15 inch tire and a 5.4 to 1 ratio = 5238 RPM.

To get 70 MPH with the same set-up would require 8467 RPM.

The formula can be pushed around to get the Gear Ratio if the other things are known. RATIO = [RPM X Tire Dia.] divided by [MPH X 336].

I know there are online calculators available but it is often more handy to have these on a piece of paper in the tool box.

I don't have engines on any of my minibikes right now. Subsequently, I don't know how fast any of them will go with engines. I can tell you that when my son is pushing me, they do go a lot faster when I use the dog's remote control shock collar on him. Probably be even faster if he wasn't so tired from the big fight we have when I'm trying to get the collar around his neck. He's kind of strong and extremely uncooperative. I don't really understand why :shrug:. I would like to get a little more speed out of him. Does anyone know how to convert a shock collar to 24 volts? :laugh: Tim.