How Many Miles On A Tank?

Any of you know about how many miles(the range) you can go on a full tank of gas with the HF 6.5 clone?(Of course it's going to vary) I have a bicycle pusher that uses the clone engine and am just curious how far I can get before refill.

So far I've passed 2 cops with no problems.Hopefully it stays that way.They just starred at me and the pusher.I did start pedaling as soon as I seen em,so to make em think I'm pulling the pusher.he he

Thats a cool Idea! I wonder if you could get away with that in the state park trails. I guess you could strap a small gas can on to it and see how far you can go before it runs out gas and refill your tank to get you back.

Slick outfit beats the :censure: out of pedaling :thumbsup:
I think I could go for one of those and be able to pull it off around the neighborhod/town.:wink:

How hard is it to ride/control, turn and stop?
Thanks

vette66_00

Whats Up with the :girl: bike your riding :lol: Just kidding thats a kick ass set up you have....ummm more have to have stuff I dont need.

On our longest single tank run, Stock HF 6.5 ungoverned on a DB, 12 tooth clutch, and 70 tooth rear sprocket, we got a couple 10ths over 42 miles. We where just cruzing around not alot of blasting past 3600 rpms.

Last edited:
Getting closer to finishing up this pusher.I primed it for now since I dont know what bike it will end up on.Also threw a fender on,pretty much need a fender.

2 things I need to address.One is the thumb throttle.It's really hard to move and I dont know why cause theres no kinks.The other is,I believe I need some weight near or over the wheel,cause it gets jumpy and also wants to spin more than normal.

However even with the 2 problems,it still is a riot and actually is very smooth and controllable.No danger unless the rider initiates it by going to fast for the bikes abilities.You should see the people starring at me! Grown men running after me to get the scoop and a close-up.I'm serious.he he

I forgot,I meant to post this mini bike pusher.These people in CA use to build em.They even took several and ran them from Mexico to Canada for a charity. The only real difference vs a mini bike was they widened the frame so the engine could be placed for weight centered.(Bike balance and pushing)Otherwise they would have had to run a jackshaft set-up to compensate.They chose widening the frame cause in the end there were less moving parts vs a jackshaft.In other words most mini bike frames with engine in em, want to lean to one side.You cant have that on a bike.

Damn I have to quit looking at this thread or Im going to get up and go make one with one of the spare HF motors I have in the greenhouse. And the welder is setup ready to go to......

Cool good pics :thumbsup: Im thinking a regular u-joint from a car steering shaft will work well for that and eliminate extra fab work. Im definatly going to make one of these when i get around to it :)

Damn I have to quit looking at this thread or Im going to get up and go make one with one of the spare HF motors I have in the greenhouse. And the welder is setup ready to go to......

Here is the last and the best page to tease you some more.This link is to Youtube videos of a bike pusher.This pusher in my opinion is the best Iv'e seen as far as smooth and controlled running.Also its very simple and straightforward to build if you have a pipe bender or know someone with one.You wont be dissapointed.

YouTube - IHARTPIE's Channel

PS-You could add to it if you needed cargo space.

65ShelbyClone

Honda lists the stock GX200 brake specific fuel consumption as 0.51 pounds per horsepower hour(lb/hp-hr). At full output that is 3.31lbs/hr. Since a gallon of gasoline weighs approx. 6.5lbs, the engine will run at peak power for ~1.89 hours. Multiply that by your top speed to get the estimated range in miles.

This is all just a rough estimate; many variables can reduce or increase the fuel economy.

Wonder how hard it would be to make one out of one of those little carts they hook behind bicycles and throw the little kids in?:grind::hammer::weld::eek:ut:

You could use the top and sides for camo to hide the motor:doah::eek:ut:

If you get pulled over "Kids got gas!!!":scooter::thefinger:

Wonder how hard it would be to make one out of one of those little carts they hook behind bicycles and throw the little kids in?:grind::hammer::weld::eek:ut:

You could use the top and sides for camo to hide the motor:doah::eek:ut:

If you get pulled over "Kids got gas!!!":scooter::thefinger:
HA! This is what I was wanting to do.I was thinking of getting the canopy off a bike trailer,maybe replacements are sold by the trailer dealers.I cant believe we were thinking of the same set-up.:thumbsup:

I took the pusher out today for the longest trip yet.I went to my Dads who lives about 10 miles away.A great trip.Everyone and their brother starring at me with mixed emotions ranging from bewilderment to amazement.One man pulled over in his car and motioned over me to stop.Yep all kinds of questions.

I do have to get a basket put on for groceries.I'm enjoying it!:scooter:

Ok i know that the OP mentioned he had a pusher but... WHAT does that have to do with MPG? everyones posting pictures of their pushers. Does anyone else have an idea about MPG? I am curious to know as well. My engine is in a DB30 however.

im pretty damn sure you wont have a problem running out if you start out with a full tank. Its not like your riding it cross country lol
As for the traction problem. Do you think it would help if the engine was behind the drive wheel so its full weight is on the tire rather than distributed between the bike and the drive wheel? Might make the balance a little weird i dunno