How many people do not use a pc?

The best part of having everything at your fingetips is that when you need info it is right there. I don't know how many times I have taken something apart and used my phone to take pics to help in reassembly. Or taken a pic of something to send to someone else.

I have no Iphone, or cell phone, nor will I ever have one, as I simply have no need of one. I am retired, mostly in the garage at home, and can't read small text, cant see small photos, can't find small buttons.

From what I see, it would seem that having an iPad (wife has one) or lap top (I use that) would be the way to conduct networking sites like this, if posting photos or comments.

If I were still employed, or had a need to be easily reachable, I'd have a smart phone. As it is, I don't answer the home phone, unless one of my kids or grandkids leaves a message and I call back....or I have an overwhelming need to talk with the breast cancer call center, or other telemarketing people...which I might do later if I become one of those lonely old men.

Best of all, no one is tracking my location, listening to my conversations, or bugging me with texts, calls, and other BS while I am sipping adult beverages and listening to Pink Floyd.
Rock on old guy !!!!!!

I have no Iphone, or cell phone, nor will I ever have one, as I simply have no need of one. I am retired, mostly in the garage at home, and can't read small text, cant see small photos, can't find small buttons.

From what I see, it would seem that having an iPad (wife has one) or lap top (I use that) would be the way to conduct networking sites like this, if posting photos or comments.

If I were still employed, or had a need to be easily reachable, I'd have a smart phone. As it is, I don't answer the home phone, unless one of my kids or grandkids leaves a message and I call back....or I have an overwhelming need to talk with the breast cancer call center, or other telemarketing people...which I might do later if I become one of those lonely old men.

Best of all, no one is tracking my location, listening to my conversations, or bugging me with texts, calls, and other BS while I am sipping adult beverages and listening to Pink Floyd.
X-2 Very well said Dave !!!

A Macbook Pro and a flip phone and a couple of real cameras work just fine for me. I like devices and tools that do one thing well. "It's a phone, it's a computer, it's a camera, all in one!" Yeah, right. But mostly I don't care to join the legions of people who always have an iPhone in hand, their heads bent down, peering at that tiny screen.

Here in Aloha, Or there was a young lady walking and looking at her phone and walked past the guard rails and was hit and killed by a speeding light rail train. So sad to see so many people addicted to instant communications.

PC. Well, laptops. 3 laptops in the house. I have a "smart" phone, Galaxy V1... but even that I don't like. Used to use only Motorola Razor flip phones. My phone is a phone and sometimes takes pics.

And this is from a guy that does electronic building controls/building networking at work. Siemens, Niagara(Tridium), Distech, Juniper, etc...

I hate to burst bubbles but if you think no one is tracking you just because you don't have a smart phone, think again.
Credit card companies track purchases, heck even grocery stores track your purchases nowadays, modern cars have navigation and black boxes to track and record you. Video surveillance everywhere, traffic light cameras, etc.
Heck Google tracks your whereabouts on the web and it doesn't matter if you are on a phone or a pc or laptop, whatever.

Obviously having a "smart" phone makes tracking easier but everyone is being tracked with smart phone or not.

okay so I use my iPhone all the time for everything, but I'm 14, I guess it's different... but one thing I'm not liking too much these past couple days is the forum. right now I'm in the version that you use for pcs and laptops, and maybe even iPads... I liked how it was before, more mobile friendly for the couple guys that use a mobile device, and the warehouse website isn't too mobile now, but I think that is because you guys are fixing glitches or something like that... so, I mean I have no problem using the pic version of this site but it's kind of a pain in the but that you have to zoom in for everything, as far as the warehouse sight goes, it's good for now, I don't have to zoom in because it's somewhat mobile friendly, just kinda plain, I think you'll notice it if your on a mobile device.... not to get any one mad or upset or anything, just helping you guys out a little :)

Hent

This is something we've been working on the warehouse site. It's responsive from large pc to smallest screens, still working on the category structure, but otherwise the warehouse site is mobile friendly.

Understandably mobile devices are becoming more prevalent and making the PC obsolete to some. Last time I upgraded the site, the demographics on here did not warrant a mobile friendly theme at that point.

It's an issue now and I'll fix it (except for blackberry users like jbrewton).

This is something we've been working on the warehouse site. It's responsive from large pc to smallest screens, still working on the category structure, but otherwise the warehouse site is mobile friendly.

Understandably mobile devices are becoming more prevalent and making the PC obsolete to some. Last time I upgraded the site, the demographics on here did not warrant a mobile friendly theme at that point.

It's an issue now and I'll fix it (except for blackberry users like jbrewton).
no rush:thumbsup:

gbabins1

I use them all... phone, laptop and tablet... all depends if I'm at work, at home in the garage or on the couch :thumbsup: I like to be well connected, but not SO well that I can't live without them.

Hent

Just used my soup cans to head on over to the Warehouse.
Very nice..:thumbsup:
Thanks. Which device did you use?

Anyone else:
Make sure to clear your cookies/cache otherwise you may end up with a skewed version of the warehouse.

Please let me know if you see any bugs, errors (device, browser info, exact page), or suggestions . Navigation, speed, randomness,etc

The more information we get out of you guys with mobile/tablet, the better we can make the forum suited to everyone on all devices.