how to spray carb cleaner help me

i want to know if you can spray carb cleaner on a briggs while its running or without having to take it apart.
some guy told me to buy carb cleaner and turn on motor spray a little here and there while running engine

also if anyone knows how to clean the spark plug hole without taking motor apart.

:hammer:

If you want to clean your carburetor, you will really need to take it apart to get everything clean.

What are you trying to achieve by "turn on motor spray a little here and there while running engine"

If you have a honda or clone, it literally takes 10 minutes to clean.:thumbsup:

i want to know if you can spray carb cleaner on a briggs while its running or without having to take it apart.
some guy told me to buy carb cleaner and turn on motor spray a little here and there while running engine

also if anyone knows how to clean the spark plug hole without taking motor apart.

:hammer:
If you're referring to cleaning the threads, you can pick up a spark plug thread chaser at your local NAPA.

ive already clean carb but by hand just with a rag without carb cleaner the motor runs but it kinda poofs here and there, I put a new spark plug and wow big difference but still like poofs it stumbles not running to its full potential and I listen to some guy with help on that adjusting the needle thing that helped too but it kinda still sounds funny when im at full throttle, some guy near me said to spray carb cleaner I while running it slow so the spray can go in and clean inside the motor too. I just want to know because I read the can and its flammable I don't want to explode lol

@ opetech not the spark plug itself I just replaced that I mean were the spark plug goes it is super black carbon anything I can just spray in there just curious

The only thing I can think of with the carb cleaner is to see if your sucking air around the intake gaskets.. Spray some around the intake gaskets while it's idling, and see if the rpm's raise any..

If you're looking for vacuum leaks, give a quick spurt around the intake & all joints.

Otherwise, pull the whole carb if it needs to be cleaned.

CarPlayLB

I think carb cleaner is a great idea especially on the inside of the carb your carb may need to be cleaned on the inside not just the outside sounds like you need a carb gasket set and a new bottle of carb cleaner take that thing apart and clean all the old gunk out of the inside of the carb that could be your problem no miracle cure here you may also want to clean out your tank and fuel lines while you are at it

I recall someone posting awhile back that carb cleaner when burned gives off a very poisonous gas. Not a good idea to use to help start an engine, or clean engine while running. If you read the warning label on the spray can may scare you too, if you are worried about cancer. :shrug:

I normally use brake cleaner instead. Probably same safety issues, flamable, carcinogen.

I'm not a big fan of letting an engine that relies on lubrication to run suck in solvent.

Starter fluid is really no more dangerous than anything else when burned. Chlorinated brake cleaner on the other hand is just noxious stuff to begin with.