HPE Muskin R4005 Endura

Found this one on CL. So far I've removed the paint, welded a small crack in the engine plate, straightened the forks, and painted it dark blue/flat black. Next, I'll be heading to JoAnn Fabric to source materials for a seat. Have quite a few goodies on the way from OldMiniBikes.

Attachments

I noticed tonight that the rear axle holes on the swing arm are egged out. I've seen people fix this by welding washers on. I don't want to go that route if I can avoid it. That leaves making a plug, welding it, and drill it back out. Any other ways to fix this?

The rear swing arm is now fixed, no more egged out holes. Picked up a predator 212 this past weekend. Need to buy the you weld it exhaust kit for it now, along with a new jack shaft. If anyone has advice on how I should handle this next (jack shaft)stage, I'm all ears.

The previous owner was using flangettes for the jack shaft with no adjustable means. I would love to use the OldMiniBikes kit, but unsure of the bearing hangar dimensions and if it will all jive without me having to weld/hack this frame.

Attachments

The original Jack Shaft plate was a simple slotted affair with a flanged bearing sitting in a hole. It would not be that difficult to fabricate.

If you use a Comet 20 driven instead of the original TC88 driven, you will have to remove some metal from the top plate for clearance from stock. Looking at your photo, this may have already happened.

The only reason for that slotted JS is to maintain chain tension. Chances are, you could go with a fixed mount and high quality chain and install it tight and forget about it.

Here is a photo of what that plate looks like, as well as the JS and TC88 driven.

This may give you an idea of how far I needed to trim the plate for the Comet 20 driver.

OldMiniBikes got some goodies to my door this past weekend. A new Hillard extreme duty clutch, a set of new grips and throttle, u weld it exhaust kit, and OldMiniBikes clutch band brake. Everything installed without a hitch. Really like the quality of the brake kit, adjusted very easily to achieve no rubbing and tight grab. Finished the exhaust this afternoon and wraped a section that comes close to my leg. May have to make a shield for it. Testing will determine that.

Made the brackets from the OldMiniBikes jack shaft kit work tonight. Added the foot peg covers, rear tire/sprocket and axle. Just need to pick up a chain breaker from a friend tomorrow and measure out for the chain. Also, need to make some struts to hold the rear fender firmly in place. Will be starting the engine for the first time as well.