HS50 engines on ebay ?

it depend is it going on an older bike? is it period correct to the bike, usally the engines year make and the frame year is difrent because the shops would buy 300 engines in 1970 but only make 150 bike in 1970 and the 1071 frames would have 1970s, so if you a restoreing an engine from the same year or 1 or two years before would be correct, if its going on a newer frame like an Azusa kit or something just buy a predator :thumbsup: and it say new original in the box so it has maybe 0-1 hours and tecumpsehs are great engines, just make shure it has the fully adjustable carb :thumbsup:

engine on eBay

Might be an ok deal but $45 shipping is a little steep. Tulsa Engine Warehouse and Small Engine Warehouse charge $8.95 or $15 shipping. $45 makes it less of a deal.

I bought one direct not thru ebay so they shipped it free so it was 300.00 total and got a comet clutch and a belt for 60.00 just need a gas tank and clutch cover other than that the 1970 scrambler bike was complete for 100.00 now I found a running same year scrambler all original missing center stand and front plate for 250.00 I guess this is how it starts oh I have a 3.5hp alexander reyonalds too 50.00 for that just needed some gas and my 100 hp 6 cyl Honda Valkyrie pure madness on wheels there was some newspaper packing in the Tecumseh box dated 1984

Last edited:
they had a phone number on there ebay page so I called them and if they don't have to pay the 10% sellers fee and the paypal fees it costs them about 40.00 less to sell the motor happy so far install is not complete yet

define repaint its black I removed the gas tank bracket from the head under that it is bare metal it looks like they got a very light coat of paint on a assembly line to keep rust off im guessing there is no other color paint under the black paint im guessing you mean were they silver or white then repainted black in that case no they aren't repainted

They were probably always black.. It may have touch up paint, but those 1989 steel wheel square top rototiller engines are black quite a bit.. black, orange, white...

It's far from a minibike engine..

why is it far

why do you say its far from a mini bike engine im not that up on the internal workings I understand them just wonder why you say its not a mini engine help me out here

markus

I would bet because of all the chrome parts they have available as well that these were intended at one point for for either some custom karts or bikes that never got completed and they ended up in some storage facility or something to that effect.

they are ball bearing supported cranks, if you want to get the "most" out of a small block tec, well I would say this is what you want as the engines they have are the biggest you can get in that blocks size with ball bearing shaft, and all brand new :thumbsup: Are they electronic or point ignition engines though :shrug:

I'm building a mid 70's HS50 right now using a BB crank and sidecover from a rupp (which were actually updated parts from a later longblock replacement-still the 3" longcrank though :thumbsup:), also using the early shroud and AL flywheel from the early '70's. I don't have any mid-late 70's bikes so the square shroud does not work for me on anything.

I bought some chrome parts from the company thats selling the engines, steal of a deal!!! the chrome is nice for the price :thumbsup:

It doesn't look like a ball bearing side cover.. It's a square shroud, which I guess thats how they are after a certain year, like into the later 70's, but even at that, all minibike motors have the minibike air filter,

but the biggest give away is the snow blower throttle setup.. Those things are about impossible to hook a minibike throttle to.. You can drill a hole for a cable but the arm is hard as fck.. they break WAY easier than drill :hang:

Hs50 engine

I got one a few weeks ago and ordered 2 more so all 3 of the rupps i just got have new reliable motors on them and just boxed up the originals for when i do a full restoration on them after my brothers kids grow out of them