Hurricane Sandy

jrzmac

I hope all my boy's from Jersey are "battening down the hatches"!!! looks like it's coming right for us! :scared: not for nothing, we couldn't find a generator ANYWHERE yesterday. we even tried New York.. nothing!!!! we waited at Home depot yesterday for 7 hours... the said the load was coming, well it never showed up so they took all our names and they told us to come back today. so we have to go back and get on line in order of the list..... I knew we shouldnt've waited til the last minute, but it never fails.... we're in a flood zone by me and we have a french drain with a pump! works great on a normal rainy day..even a big storm but, if we lose power forget it, there'll be 6 feet of water in the basement!!! stay safe everybody! :thumbsup:

45t

I was thinking of all you guys on the east coast while watching the weather coverage on this storm. Stay safe and protect your families.

125ccCrazy

The wife and I have been watching the weather channel the last 3 days almost non stop...man that storm is huge...it stretches from Fla to Maine..... they say this is the biggest storm ever recorded since they started recording eons ago..... I been contimplating buying a generator for a while now, well this storm lit a fire under my butt to do it....were not gonna get the brunt of the storm but if it would have an effect on the power grid we can loose power this far inland just like in 2003 when the grid went down from Ohio to east coast....

I hope and pray it doesn't hit as hard as predicted but it's not looking good right now..

The wife and I have been watching the weather channel the last 3 days almost non stop...man that storm is huge...it stretches from Fla to Maine..... they say this is the biggest storm ever recorded since they started recording eons ago..... I been contimplating buying a generator for a while now, well this storm lit a fire under my butt to do it....were not gonna get the brunt of the storm but if it would have an effect on the power grid we can loose power this far inland just like in 2003 when the grid went down from Ohio to east coast....

I hope and pray it doesn't hit as hard as predicted but it's not looking good right now..
I'm about 3 hours from NYC and this is the 1st time I've thought about getting a generator. No power really suks!! Thanks 125cc :thumbsup:....that fire has spread this way. Heading to Lowes now.

wjustice

I'm right between the Comm Barry and Del Memorial bridges, less then 1/4 mile from the river. The projected path is directly over me. Picked up the loose things and tied the rest down in the yard. Generator is full with 3 extra cans. It rained quite a bit last night. can't go much but sit and wait. I should have wired the generator into the house but never got to it. With 3 kids with their own places, my inlaws house and my parents house, I may get another generator after this just in case.

I'm praying for a miss but it doesn't look good. Stay safe everyone!
It would be nice if it went out to sea :doah: Looks like no matter where it hits it will be south of us but we will be on the worst end of it for high winds :doah: Well the generator is gassed up and ready to go :thumbsup: I only have a few more things to do to get ready :doah: Got gas yesterday what a joke that was :eek:ut: pumps should run about 10gpm but with every one being used they were only running about 4 or 5 gpm :doah:

Yeah its starting to show down here is Va beach. Looks like it could be a long few days. Good thing i work for a city building. Diesel back up generator lol

Being on central long island its not too promising here. The power company sent out calls stating they are preparing for this BUT be ready to have power outages for 7-10 days. Last year i was without power for 12 days from the hurricane.

:mad2:

motocycle

Sandy

It's hard to believe that here in PA we are going to get hit by a Hurricane; but it is coming and coming hard.

You guys South of us, have had a hard time of it already; we will get are turn the beginning of the week.

Let's hope and pray everybody is safe and well after it passes.

It's hard to believe that here in PA we are going to get hit by a Hurricane; but it is coming and coming hard.

You guys South of us, have had a hard time of it already; we will get are turn the beginning of the week.

Let's hope and pray everybody is safe and well after it passes.
Looks like you won't have very high winds, but ya'll are going to get one heck of a lot of rain.

jrzmac

not 1 generator to be had in the whole fkn tri state area!!!! :shrug: waited 4 hours today, after my wife waited 7 hours last night at sears..... they put her on a list and said to come back today!!! so we go, and nothing..... friggin guy said, try again tomorrow???? tomorrow, my basement will be under water by tomorrow jack-ass!!!!!! I'm fkd if we lose power. have a french drain with a pump! works great, as long as the power's on!!!!! sucker's heading right for us too... I've never seen people panicking like they are right now!!! the food store are wiped out! went to the Harbor Freight near me to get a few gas cans just in case we found one.... nothing place was PACKED!!!!! I think it's time to just crack a cold one and sit back and wait it out!!! just keep our fingers crossed that the power stay's on!!!!! "Ridin' The Storm Out".......

buckeye

I feel your pain Steve. That usually happens 2-5 times a year down here. Y
Your biggest concern looks to be rain. Cat 1, I don't even board the windows.
You are gonna get a bunch of rain. Which, obviously is your concern. Add that and if you lose power, yep, flooded basement.
Hopefully the winds aren't strong enough to topple trees onto power lines.

Stay safe brother.
A little REO Speedwagon,Ridin the Storm Out, would be fitting.

not 1 generator to be had in the whole fkn tri state area!!!! :shrug: waited 4 hours today, after my wife waited 7 hours last night at sears..... they put her on a list and said to come back today!!! so we go, and nothing..... friggin guy said, try again tomorrow???? tomorrow, my basement will be under water by tomorrow jack-ass!!!!!! I'm fkd if we lose power. have a french drain with a pump! works great, as long as the power's on!!!!! sucker's heading right for us too... I've never seen people panicking like they are right now!!! the food store are wiped out! went to the Harbor Freight near me to get a few gas cans just in case we found one.... nothing place was PACKED!!!!! I think it's time to just crack a cold one and sit back and wait it out!!! just keep our fingers crossed that the power stay's on!!!!! "Ridin' The Storm Out".......
any 110v inverters available for a back up?