I have some questions about my cam???

A while back I ordered a custom ground .265" modified cam from AGK and I installed it without really paying attention to the box. I just found the box and it says "Dyno Cams 275 clone" on it. It also has a yellow piece of paper in it that says:

Grind Number:275 clone
Recommended Class: Mild Modified Clone
Valve Timing:
Intake Exhaust
Open:42 BTDC 77 BBDC
Close:78 ABDC 36 ATDC
Lift:.275" .275"
C/L:108 ATDC 110 BTDC
Valve Lash: .006 .006

How do I know if they sent me the correct cam in the wrong box?

Anyway, I was looking to see what the valve lash is supposed to be and from what i have been told it is normally .002 and .003. But the paper says .006 for both? Which one do I need to set it to?

I just installed 26# spring on my new 14cc head and I need to know if I need to run 18#? If so, I will have to order some :doah:

Thanks in advance!

JamnJM

Is any place on the cam a stamp code number? Call them with that and they should be able to put your mind at ease.

Maybe someone stuff in the wrong paper instruction sheet.

IMO racing cams use more valve clearance than stock cams.....

Be a sport and keep us posted, I just bought a used AGK 265M from another member and it is in transit. I am not sure if he included the docs. Sounds like you and I have the same cam and I would like to leverage your learnings !! thanks in advance.... Hal

Measure the base circle of the cam, then the lobe height, subtract base circle from lobe height and the number you come up with is what your cam is.

Hey Guys,
Sorry for the late reply. I have been a little busy with school and all! If i get a chance, i will call up AGK on monday and get some info. I will let you guys know the end result :thumbsup: