I need some help with wheel/tire questions?

I am in the market for some new wheels & tires for my mini, but don't have the first clue as to what to buy, how to measure what I have, etc. The only thing I know is that my current wheels are 6".

1. Can someone explain how to measure the wheels & tires I have?
2. What's the advantage (if any) of having a 2 piece wheel v. a 1 piece?
3. Can someone suggest a good on-road tire? About 90% of my riding is on the neighborhood streets, so no need for offroad stuff.
4. Can someone suggest a good place to possibly get a package wheel & tire deal?
5. How do I measure my sprocket so that I can get a new one for my new rear wheel?

I'm sure there are other things that I need to know/consider/etc., but as you can probably tell, I'm a total newbie to this whole mini-bike world. Please pardon my ignorance... :confused1:

You need to stop by my thread called MY FAVORITES, under shop tools there is Manufactor's Supply or BMI where you can go, order your parts and Knock Knock 3 days later it arrives at your door, There also is one of those places that explain how to measure your own tires so you know what you're doing when it comes to ordering, nice trick with the bug, at first I thought I should get the RAID, Just think, if you hang around here long enuff you just might become an expert minibike builder!!! lol
dave

Also, I just measured my wheels/tires. My tires are 11" tall, 3.50" wide and 3" from the lip of the rim to the outter edge of the tire. The wheels are 6" in diameter and my best guess is that they are about 3" wide.

I've looked at some places online and can't find tires any where near this size. Are my measurements that far off or are these non-standard tires?

Jammer...If you've ever tried changing a tire on a split rim as compared to a one piece rim you wouldn't even have to ask which is better. Repeat after me: Split Rim..Split Rim..Split Rim. As for sprockets they are generally measured by chain size ie #35 or #41 etc. and they go by the number of teeth. For minibikes the #35 is the most common chain size (I'm sure someone will disagree with me on that) and the most common sprocket sizes are 60 tooth and 72 tooth. Look on the sidewall of your tire and you should see some numbers something like this: 4.10-3.50-6...that will be the size tire you should be looking for...Ogy.

The best style of tire probably would be a Knobbie, works good on streets or in the grass, Ogy is right about the split rim thing, much easier to unbolt the halves, than to un-button a tire off a solid rim, that's about how you got to do em too hold one bead to the middle of the rim and un button the outer edge, and that's after you get the bead to break lol, that is done carefully by prying the bead down off the outer edge of the rim, something that is easier done in a tire shop, but can be done at home, good luck on your tire problems, as you may experience saying a few cuss words you haven't hear in a while.
dave

Look on the sidewall of your tire and you should see some numbers something like this: 4.10-3.50-6...that will be the size tire you should be looking for...Ogy.
:censure: I feel like a total DUMBA$$! I looked on the sidewall and there was the 4.10-3.50-6...DOH!!!

I found someone on eBay with new wheels & tires, tubes & bearings that *MAY* send them to me mounted & ready to roll. We shall see...

Now I'll have to pull the rear wheel off and try and figure out how the *&%# the rear sproket bolts up and all that...I'm totally clueless on that part of the equation...