I'm finally copying the Montgomery Ward T555 Jack shaft assembly!!!!

Looks good. Are you going to weld on the adjustment tab as well? The tab on one of mine snapped. So make sure you make it sturdy. Although With the 4 bolts holding the whole thing in place it doesnt move anyway. It does make it easier to adjust the chain though. But once its adjusted you pretty much dont need it. Because if you adjust it again with the motor on then the belt is too tight or loose and you have to move the engine. Randy

Also if you notice. There are 2 different rear sections. One has 3 bearing hangers and a chain guard. And one with 4 bearing hangers and no chain guard. I used the 4 bearing one on my yellow one because I think it is beefier. I can always add a chain guard.

These are the pics before the new seats. I havent done anything with the green one yet. But it also has only 3 axle bearing hangers. It will stay Green though.My buddy has a black one and these are our favorites to race around on... Randy

I'll be adding the adjustment tab. I'm not finished with it yet. Looks like I'll be adding a fourth bearing hanger to it too. Makes more sense to have it there to support the other side of the differential,than to not have it. I'll be adding a "Airheart" mechanical disc brake to it too. I'll post pictures of that ,after I finish the jackshaft assembly.

"Adding a" ... just one? To turn these puppies you really need a brake on each side. If you are going to make a bracket I would go hydraulic. But that is me. Steve may have something to add. The band brakes on the dozen or so trikes my buddy and I have are just o.k. But crashing is half the fun. Sometimes they work better than other times. If I wasnt so lazy I would definitely go hydraulic. Hmmm Good topic for another thread... Randy

The disc brake will be for the jack shaft,so I can stop both rear wheels with one good grake. The band brakes on each axle will still be there as turning brakes. I'm still trying to figure out how the hell you use the right turning brake and throttle at the same time....