I'm gonna do What I'm Gonna do to Ride At Windber

pomfish

To Quote the the late , great, Jimmy Hoffa "I'm Gonna Do what I Gotta Do"

In this case, I'm gonna rape a Cat 4003 of its fine running HS40 for my CCS Chopper, as the the HS50 that I had planned to run is burning a great amount of oil and is not pulling well. It idles well, just does not pull.

Anyway, the Cat has a willing HS40 with a Dog Vomit Hilliard Clutch that has been bothering me since the day bought the bike.
So this way I will free the motor from the clutch and power the chopper temporarily until after the show, then I can rebuild the tired HS50.

I have a NOS HS40 in stock, but it does not have the crank drilled and I do not believe I can get that done before Wed. which is when I need to load the van.

The hilliard will then be used as target practice.
Later,
Keith

To Quote the the late , great, Jimmy Hoffa "I'm Gonna Do what I Gotta Do"

In this case, I'm gonna rape a Cat 4003 of its fine running HS40 for my CCS Chopper, The hilliard will then be used as target practice.
Later,
Keith
now you're talkin'!!

and the thrash for Windber continues.........

pomfish

Strike 2 !

The Cat engine ran fine 4 months ago before I put it on a shelf, Now it won't start, has weak spark. Effing Points I imagine.
And this after I installed a new side cover gasket due to a slow leak.
Anyway, no time to tear that down now, tomorrow a NOS HS40 is going in.
Tired as heck, going to bed early. Tomorrow it's go get last minute items,food, etc. Pack bags.

Later,
Keith

pomfish

Gerry, I need to make one of those engine plates of yours that plugs into the Hitch Receiver, I threw my shoulder out by pulling at bad angle while engine was mounted on a board on my workbench.

Gerry, I need to make one of those engine plates of yours that plugs into the Hitch Receiver, I threw my shoulder out by pulling at bad angle while engine was mounted on a board on my workbench.
I get a lot of use out of that stupid thing.....you could make one a lot nicer than mine if you took a little time..put some angle under it for better support....mine is just a 1/8" plate held on with one big bolt...:laugh:

NOS HS40...I LOVE it!!!!!!

i have the drill and tap jig, and the proper drill bit and tap and tap handle, i used it on my h60 it worked great. you are welcome to use it but i wont be there till friday after lunch sometime, all you need is a good cordless drill and a fully charged batt. let me know if you need it ,otherwise i wont bring it to much stuff to remember as it is.

haha...I had to look it up to satsify my curiosity..."smitherines" are small bits and pieces or shards of metal melted down to make "pot metal".....learn something new everyday..