I'm too fat

Valocalrep

My roommate is ex military and after he got out he put on a ton of weight he has been doing weight watchers for a few months now and he swares by it, its atleast worth looking into, I'm 24 6 foot tall and 145 wet lol i cant gain weight

toomanytoys

Fresh fruit tastes so much better when you haven't destroyed your taste buds every day. After a month of eating clean, I gave into temptation and grabbed a can of Coke. I kid you not, I drank half of it, and threw up! :eek:

I couldn't agree more about the processed sugars. I used to drink about 1500 calories a day in Mountain Dew. I went on my diet, started with water, sugar free drink mixes, and finally allowed myself diet mountain dew.

I was at work one day, hit the wrong button and ended up with a regular mountain dew, I took one swig and spit it out. I thought something was wrong with my drink until I seen it was full flavor!

Strawberries! I used to cut up strawberries and cover them in sugar. Holy crap if you don't eat gobs of sugar strawberries are too sweet on their own!

And about the perfet diet. If you are like me and are too lazy to count calories and read labels, then do weight watchers. My exwife would go to the store, get stuff and write on there what their 'point value' was. I knew I could eat 35 points a day.

I am at work from 6 to about 4 or 5 every day. So I'd consume 25 points a day at work. Leaving me 10 for dinner. For example say a little debbie cake is 5 points. 5 points for a little cake, but I could eat an apple, a pear, a banana, a cup of cut strawberries, and a plum for 5 points. So 5 things for 5 points or 1 little tiny cake that isn't that good anyway? A bag of chips, would be around 4 points. A tiny pre packaged bag of chips. Instead I'd eat those flavored rice cakes which are AWESOME for 2 points with my sandwich.

Typing all this, my point is that weight watchers teaches you, hey I can eat MORE good stuff than I can bad stuff. There would be days I wouldn't even eat all my points because I'd be full from large amounts of healthy things.

And even saying that, Hey you can go eat 4 slices of pizza one day, but watch what you eat for the rest of the day and you stil won't go over your calories for the day. I averaged 16 to 20lbs a month lost. My problem is that I got too skinny. I got addicted to it!