I'm too fat

waltsuz

I'm 58, weigh 243lb's, I take Hi Blood pressure med's, cholesterol med's, Acid reflux med's and my Dr. says I have entry level Diabete's. Other than that I'm just fantastic:scared:. My pharmacist says: "Say Yes To Drugs" Don't die.....Linger...Later my Pizza is here..:shrug:

Join the club.But you left out the triglicerite level.Hell i had a puluminary anurism.Blood clot in the lung that went through my heart last year.was at work 4 days later.Thats what killed captain Phil on deadylist catch.We all got go somehow.

I'm 58, weigh 243lb's, I take Hi Blood pressure med's, cholesterol med's, Acid reflux med's and my Dr. says I have entry level Diabete's. Other than that I'm just fantastic:scared:. My pharmacist says: "Say Yes To Drugs" Don't die.....Linger...Later my Pizza is here..:shrug:
I thought you wre talking about me! Until I saw the 243lbs. it scared me! I'v got you beat by 60lbs Walt. I can't stand to even look in the mirror.
My mini bike diet is working. I just get my fat ass up and out too the garage. It works! No pizza, no cheese, no hot dogs, no hamburger. And after going to Sams Club and seeing three rib eye's are now $50. We won't be eating red meat too often anymore.
Bullhead

give up sugar and listen to your body...you will be amazed...yet..so very hard to do...the amazing thing tho..the body can bounce back...soooo hard to do, this day and time...:doah::scooter:

toomanytoys

I'm 5'11. 3 years ago I weighed 290 lbs. I went on a diet, and got down to 180 in about a year. Now I'm at 215. I felt awful at 180, at 215 I feet good. I have a belly but not worried about that. I feel awesome.

At 180 I was always sick! And felt so weak.

Well I'm 6 foot 1 and 2 months ago I weighed 245. I decided I needed to do something , so I gave up pasta, red meat, bread, junk food etc. Pretty much all the good stuff .....Well now I'm down to 214 lbs. Down to 1000 calories or less a day... but I don't count the beers at the end of the night. But it worked ! Only bad part is now I have to buy all new clothes:doah:

i'm on a minibike diet , for exercise i putter and bounce down the street and hopefully lose a ounce or two. seriously i'm overweight and hate to give up all the good stuff:facepalm:

TomH

I have all of that less the reflux, but add type two diabetes and I have never been fat.:shrug: maybe I need to start eating pizzas:laugh:

I'm 265lbs, but I'm also 6'5" and have a big frame.

I was well over 300lbs at my heaviest back when I was in my early 20s (34 now). It's the beer that hahahahas me now. I consume maybe 1,500 calories a day in food but all the beer I drink really adds to that.

give up sugar and listen to your body...you will be amazed...yet..so very hard to do...the amazing thing tho..the body can bounce back...soooo hard to do, this day and time...:doah::scooter:
So true! My wife is always trying to get me to eat healthier. I'm not really overweight, but that's only because I burn a bajillion calories every day walking 20+ miles carrying heavy spraying equipment. Just because you aren't fat doesn't mean you are healthy. My room mate in college got diagnosed with high cholesterol, he was 5'11" and weighed 140 lbs, and was in his mid 20s. He ate horribly.

Anyway, after I watched "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead", I agreed to eat clean for a month. No processed sugar, no red meat, fish or chicken no more than 2x/week.

I am a burger guy. I thought the "no red meat" would kill me. It didn't even bother me, I could drive by my favorite burger joints and not bat an eye. I could not walk down the Hostess isle or the candy isle at the grocery store without getting the shakes. Getting off sugar is hard, processed sugar is in everything. After about 2-3 weeks I felt great. Fresh fruit tastes so much better when you haven't destroyed your taste buds every day. After a month of eating clean, I gave into temptation and grabbed a can of Coke. I kid you not, I drank half of it, and threw up! :eek:

Sadly, I have returned to my old ways.
Got to get back on the wagon.

You should try it for a month. Google "Whole foods plant based diet". It is amazing, it is easier if you have a juicer.

I am dam near as wide as I am tall lol just kidding , I am 47 and 100 lbs over weight and still smoking a pack a day.
My father died of a heart attack at 45 and his father had a heart attack at 40 but lived to be 80.
So with that family history I should really start living clean , on the plus side at my last checkup my colesteral was fine and the Doc said I had the blood preasure of a teenager lol.
Rob

Maybe we need an OldMiniBikes diet plan:shrug: Seriously getting old is not for the young. I don't mind being fat as much as having to take all these med's. I'm working on it as to why I mentioned it. I hate taking pills, you would think I'd enjoy it after looking back on my younger years. I am going to attempt a diet to 200, hopefully that 'll be realistic and try to do better. Its really good to talk to others with this problem also, Thanks everyone, Walt

So true! My wife is always trying to get me to eat healthier. I'm not really overweight, but that's only because I burn a bajillion calories every day walking 20+ miles carrying heavy spraying equipment. Just because you aren't fat doesn't mean you are healthy. My room mate in college got diagnosed with high cholesterol, he was 5'11" and weighed 140 lbs, and was in his mid 20s. He ate horribly.

Anyway, after I watched "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead", I agreed to eat clean for a month. No processed sugar, no red meat, fish or chicken no more than 2x/week.
Activity is important.
I know a lot of fellows that eat too much or the wrong things but lead very active lives.
One does not cancel out the other but anything that gets the blood moving and heart rate up is healthy for you.

I try and eat well.
I avoid sugar ( not in coffee ).
I limit my alchol intake to no more than 6 drinks a week.
I have a job that involves physical labour.
I try and eat 2 or 3 pieces of fruit and a couple of servings of vegies a day.

My stomach will not tollerate anything too greasy so if I gt off my regular meals and diet I spend a lot of time with stomach troubles and running to the bath room.
I think thats my bodies way of telling me to eat better and I listen.

How much weight you carry might be less important than the rest of your lifestyle.

Bunch of lightweights..... lol... I'm 5'11 350 pounds and still move around well.... You guys are just looking at it the wrong way. You just need bigger mini bikes. That is why I have the Super Bronc and the El Burro. And as anyone who attended Winber (not Buckeye of course) can tell you. Trikes are the way to go for big guys and are comfortable as hell....

If that line of reasoning doesnt work,try this. The world is coming to an end on Dec 22,2012... So either go out swinging with a full belly or if it is a natural disaster catastophe' and it becomes survival of the fittest. Just remember all those fit people with less body fat are going to starve first..The fat shall inherit the earth.... :thumbsup:

Maybe we need an OldMiniBikes diet plan:shrug: Walt
No all you need is a divorce / breakup or a good tragedy in your life. :laugh: My first divorce I got down to 200lbs which for my frame is not a good look.

I also ride my beach cruiser down the bike path twice a week for 15 miles at a time. I went from not being able to see my shoes to seeing my ribs :thumbsup:

RobK

There is no perfect way of dieting. That's why there are literally thousands of different "miracle" diet plan and Americans are still fat. We want the easy way out. The bottom line is you have to consume fewer calories than you burn every day. Even if you eat nothing but cheeseburgers and fries, you'll still lose weight if you burn more than you consume. That said, burgers and fries is not a healthy diet. I struggled with my weight growing up and was probably 18 before I started being a little more responsible. Through my 20s I really learned to eat better and actually got pretty thin by the time I was in my late 20s. Of course now I'm 50, and a good 15-20 pounds over where I should be. I'm working on that though. There are some pretty simple rules to follow. Cook your own meals and don't have seconds. Bring your lunch every day. Don't eat fast food at all. Avoid simple processed sugars. Don't drink sugary soda or juices. Eat whole grain bread/pasta/crackers instead of white flour stuff. Fill up on fruits and vegtables. Most important is portion control. That's my problem. I love to eat healthy food, I just eat too much of it. Of course if somebody brings cake to work, I'll eat two pieces. I think Weight Watchers is one of the few programs that has been proven to succeed. The reason is that it teaches you portion control.