INFORMATION and/or PICTURES? DingHow / Ding-How c.1970 Taiwan MiniBike...DING HOW!

sorry, just love saying its goofy name of this Mini-Bike :)

Anyways, just wondering about the history of these mini bikes and if anyone has any literature (magazines articles or a manual) plus I would love to see pictures of other folks' exampls. . . . Ding How 'bout it? :biggrin:

Here is mine, a real time capsule-just put in a 3.5HP Tecumseh as a mock-up, to replace a red and blue franken-Briggs engine. . .the rest of the bike,except for the handle bars, seems to be original including seat, paint and both tires!

COOL! Must be the season to score sweet Ding Hows-I love that blue color!

Looks like yours is another time capsule, real nice shape. What kind of engine does it have? H50?

Does yours still have the aluminum tape tag with the serial number, on the rear left axle mount? Mine does and it is number 001749

Also, the Ding How logo is just too cool. . ..I'm going to have to get some stickers made up or something. :thumbsup:

I picked one up last week

Last edited:
I never noticed a tag on the axle mount. It is an h50 with a fresh set of points and condenser clean carb it should fire right up. Im missing some pieces from the throttle set up can anyone sent me a picture of what its supposed to look like please.

Thank you very much for that knowledge and also the pictures of a very sharp looking bike! Is that clutch cover stock? looks nice

Also, do these bikes always use Tecumseh engines or did any of them have Briggs? I read in one post that they were imported and engines were added here and there was supposedly variations in what was used but all of them I have seen so far use Tecumseh engines, mostly H50s (or are they HS50s? what is the difference?) but one had a H35.

Just to trying to find out as I am going to try an authentic resto on mine as it is so original I would hate to change it much.

Also known as a Nova SS

I'll try and get a good picture of my frame tag. . ..it's little more than a piece of aluminum tape with stamped numbers on it.

What part of the throttle do you need pictures of? on the engine or the twist grip?

Here is a VERY informative "sticky" I found on minibike throttle setups for the smaller Tecumsehs that might help you:

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/tecumseh-engines/23110-advice-hooking-up-your-tecumseh-carb-throttle-linkage-small-h-hs-engines.html

I never noticed a tag on the axle mount. It is an h50 with a fresh set of points and condenser clean carb it should fire right up. Im missing some pieces from the throttle set up can anyone sent me a picture of what its supposed to look like please.

Dang, that was quick! I was kind of feeling the same about mine, it is so original I am almost afraid to ride it but it's just too darn cute so I am going to hold on to it for awhile at least.

Did you get any more pictures of it before you let it go? Would love to see some more as mine was missing the original engine and I would like to see how the original was set up.

buckeye

That's a cool bike. Those Tec 5's will surprise you.
Ya get the carb all dialed in right. The throttle running smooth and the sound of the header belching out the ....ahhh, nevermind.
:laugh:
Nice bike.

I'm hoping my H35 Tecumseh will have enough get-up-n-go as I think I like the look of it in the Ding How frame a bit better than the H50. . . the 3.5HP is kinda more proportional to the other components?

Also. old flatheads just have the best sound.....blaaaaaaaat blaaaaaaaaaaaaat blaaaaat.... lol

That's a cool bike. Those Tec 5's will surprise you.
Ya get the carb all dialed in right. The throttle running smooth and the sound of the header belching out the ....ahhh, nevermind.
:laugh:
Nice bike.

buckeye

Well, I sure missed that...:doah: Then that 3.5 hp dialed in just right and you know the rest of the story.

Nice bike.:laugh: