Interesting 2 speed with interesting brake setup. Please identify

Note that the engine receives a 2-belt pulley. the foot gear selector puts tension separate belts on jackshaft. any info will be greatly appreciated

Note that the engine receives a 2-belt pulley. the foot gear selector puts tension separate belts on jackshaft. any info will be greatly appreciated
Speedways did you find any more info on this? I'm really intrigued with the 2-speed setup, and would like to try to build one like it with sort of a suicide shift lever on a Manco frame I've got sitting.

Unlike the other 2-speed jackshaft setup that uses a hard to find proprietary sprocket setup, this looks like it could be done with off-the-shelf lawnmower belts and pulleys. I'm curious if it's a factory setup, and if so, who made it, so I can learn more about it. I only suspect it's a factory setup because of the chromed linkages and what I assume is a foot lever that has spring loaded detents to hold the selector lever in each position. It looks well engineered to me, I'd be impressed if it were homemade.

I wonder, is there still a centrifugal clutch? Or do the belts slip on the pulleys until you apply tension to one of them? If so, would it be difficult feathering the throttle and slipping the pulley tension like a clutch without smoking the belt or stalling the engine? Low to high speed shift would be easier than taking off from a stop for sure.

If there's a better place to discuss this, I'll be glad to go there, just kind asking right now whether the OP ever figured out an ID on the frame as a start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I haven't learned anything new about the bike. I did learn that the wheels are gopros. I do not know much more about it at this time. I do think its an original set up because the wheels match. the pully on the engine is a dual belt pulley