Interesting at Northern Tool

I ordered a DB at NT off the web site. I wanted an "old style" DB. I had already bought 2 "new style" DBs off the floor prior to Christmas. Apparently on their web site, when you pull up "mini bikes" it only shows old style bikes. When I got to NT to pick it up (to take advantage of free shipping) I wanted to make sure there was no mistake in the type bike I had, so they looked up the code on the box and sure enough it was an old style. I then had them pull up a new style and it was in their computer but I could not pull it up on the internet. The only reason I am bringing this up is so you know that you can still get either style from NT.
Tom

Apparently on their web site, when you pull up "mini bikes" it only shows old style bikes. When I got to NT to pick it up (to take advantage of free shipping) I wanted to make sure there was no mistake in the type bike I had, so they looked up the code on the box and sure enough it was an old style. I then had them pull up a new style and it was in their computer but I could not pull it up on the internet.
Not sure who told you only the old style DB shows up, as you can see both old and new style DB's show up mini bikes from Northern Tool + Equipment . If I may ask what is the total price when ordering from NT ( I just bought another old style DB from TSC )?

Hey DA53.
That is weird! I thought I looked a number of times and did not see it! Anyhow, it was $259-$20 coupon for $239. I guess the taxes brought it up to $250 something. Did TSC have them for 249?
Tom

Did TSC have them for 249?
Hey Tom, A few weeks back TSC was offering 10% off the DB, they had them on sale for $199 plus another 10% off. At that time they only had one old style in stock, it had been sitting in the back room because they were only displaying the new style DB on the floor.

Because they had it sitting in the back room for so long I was able to get it for $181 out the door, forward to today. I stopped by today at the same TSC and they had two more DB's in stock, I tried to get the 10% off but no dice, I thought about it a mintue bought it anyways.......$211 out the door.

What got me started on these DB's was I was able to buy a like new ( and I mean like new ) DB from a guy who needed the money bad for a $160 ( new style ), then came the new old style from TSC for $181 and now another new old style from TSC for $211.

Later,
Al