Introduction

I'm a nub and look forward to the info and help that is very apparent on this awesome site. I'm a 56' model and got my first and only mini bike in 68' from Santa. It was a Cyclops L-400 with a 4hp tec. The motor is long gone. I rode it into the ground, got too big and too smart for the mini, but thankfully a wise uncle kept the bike in an old barn until I re-discovered it in 2006. It is now my project bike, and I am working to go past clean up and primer to a running machine. Below are up some pic's from 2006 when I became re-acquainted with the bike. Hopefully I will have some updates in the next few months.

Note the original seat, but the amateur green paint job that I used to hide the original sky blue paint sometime back in 1969 or 1970. The teeth on the rear sprocket are worn out, so I am working on options for replacing the rear wheel and sprocket. One of the front inner fork springs is broken in half, but everything else is on the bike. any body have a rec on a replacement motor in the 5-6 hp range?

I might have some stickers left from my Cyclops Resto. I had some made that go on the down tube and also on the chain guard

I didn't know there was one on the front fender or I would've had that one done as well.

If you get the fender sticker made up, make a few xtras!:thumbsup:

I used an NR racing Honda GX200 on mine. It is wickid fast.

thanks for the help, already have them

THANKS FOR THE HELP, BUT i HAVE THE SAME STICKERS THAT YOU Have from banacom in georgia, through enzo ferrari (Joe). he told me that you had also gotten some of the stickers. Nice bike you have. He sent me a set for a couple of the triangles that I had made. I had several other sets made as well when I ordered the triangle stickers. The triangle stickers are for the rear fender, not the front and I had them made up from a photo. if you contact Banacom, I am sure they would make some for you based on my order. it was done under Gary Moore. they are reflective like the original fender decals were ,but again, they are for the rear fender. I have not put the rear fender on yet but I have it and it is in good shape. Most of the cyclops that I have seen on the sight have them mounted incorrectly, or do not have one at all because originally, the rear fender was centered over the top of the tire and if you made any kind of a wheely, you hit the fender and eventually tore it off or removed it. A lot of people rotated the fender 90deg forward from the original factory location as is the blue cyclops that shows on the sight when you look up cyclops clark in the gallery. It is not in the original factory position. Also, the "purple cyclops" that shows up when up search cyclops under photos is not a cyclops, as best I can tell. If it is, it is not an L-400. I really think it is mislabled, and some other kind of bike.

I am restoring my cycolps minibike and need some stickers. yours look great where did you get them and what was the cost? i am 38 and this was my bike when i was a kid so it was in rough shape. im almost done now all i need are the stickers a chain guard and kick stand.

thanks,

Quentin

I might have some left. I'll check tonight.

I got them from Banacom Signs in GA. Enzo Ferrari (member on here) also got his from there and I think cyclopsmoore did too.

I do not have the Decal that goes on the rear fender like cyclopsmoore shows in his build....probably because my Cyclops does not have a rear fender! Didn't come with it.

Mine did not have a chain guard, but I had a pic that I took to a fab shop and had them make one that was as close to original as possible.

I've got my original 5" brake drum and my original wheels. Need these parts?

i will get some pics up soon. i will prob make some sort of chain guard. and have to get the throttle hooked to the harbor fraight 6.5 hp motor. the motor is blue i may pull off the pull cover and tank to paint black.

thanks,

Q