Is this a good deal ??????

I'll sell ya the same thing for 75. :thumbsup: I don't know.. anything over 100 is really pushing it on the 1980's snow blower type engine.. 100 dollars id 20 dollar per horse.. It's an HS50 but all of the parts are wrong for the correct mini bike build.. Iron flywheel, big shroud, flat intake, (some use that) no air cleaner probably, bosses for electric start.... :shrug: eh, I guess if ya needed it.. I'd try to find a whole snow blower for that price I think..

So the original HS50s had aluminum flywheels?
Yes, Most %95 of them did.. There MAY have been a few flat mounted motors with iron flywheel from the factory just because, but I have never seen a iron flywheel 50 on a minibike designed that way.. A guy just listed one here for sale on OldMiniBikes that is an HS which uses the same parts.. and is the LIGHTING COIL style.. Complete short block with 3 inch crank and lighted HS 40 50 parts for 100 bucks.. That motor is worth 5 times what the iron flywheel blower motors are..

Yes, Most %95 of them did.. There MAY have been a few flat mounted motors with iron flywheel from the factory just because, but I have never seen a iron flywheel 50 on a minibike designed that way..
I have an all original Heald Trail bike VT-5 with the original HS50 with a light coil and it has an Iron flywheel.

Yeah that would be the one. :lol: Some of the Farctic Cats were too I think..

Actually now that I think about it... are you SURE it's an HS or is it just an H? the H50's had iron lighted flywheels.. I'm pretty sure the Healds were all H model engines..

Yes I am SURE it is a HS, not an H.

Healds came with HS, H, and HM motors, depending on model

H motors came with BOTH iron and aluminum lighted flywheels.

H aluminum lighted flywheel? :shrug: I've seen aluminum H like H 35, H25 aluminum flywheels, and lighted aluminum V type motors.. Never seen an H aluminum lighted motor... weird.. :lol: Then again.. Tecumseh was weird. :lol:

H aluminum lighted flywheel? :shrug: I've seen aluminum H like H 35, H25 aluminum flywheels, and lighted aluminum V type motors.. Never seen an H aluminum lighted motor... weird.. :lol: Then again.. Tecumseh was weird. :lol:
Yep, H aluminum lighted flywheel. I've got at lest 4 of em. My wards bike came with one too, and its a all original survivor:biggrin:

Yep, H aluminum lighted flywheel. I've got at lest 4 of em. My wards bike came with one too, and its a all original survivor:biggrin:

NO :001_9898: !!!?????? I've seen a few of the VERTICAL shaft big block 60 engines with Aluminum Lighted... but NEVER seen a factory horizontal aluminum lighted.. :wink: You have something there for sure.. :wink: Theres a H-60 at the scrapyard right now with aluminum NON lighted... :shrug: maybe I should study it a little better... :evil_laughter: