Is this a safe place to discuss my obsessive behavior surrounding this love affair???

I remember a time not so long ago, I enjoyed doing other things.... Then one day I came across a Craigslist ad that instantly caught my attention because I had never heard of, nor seen, a Minibike before. The concept of the little engine, little tires, little cute banana seat just seemed, well, cute. Kids toy. Anyway, checked it out, seemed like a fair deal at 100 bucks so I brought it home. Needless to say it didn't take long to learn stuff about it, see what others have done with theirs, and realize I just friggin scored! I love this thing. Riding it, working on it, talking about it, reading about it- I wasn't even angry when I had to push it 2 miles...

So all that being said, I'm pretty stoked about this forum. My friends are sick of me talking about the damn thing, and they never have any good answers or feedback anyhow! Glad to be here, glad y'all are here too.

Now here goes. I'm dealing with a couple of different issues right now. I only drive it on the streets in town and no lights is no fun. I bought some 55watt healights yesterday hoping it would work. But the bracket is all weird, and the more I look at it the more I like the stock headlight. But it's all rusted, and whatever was there to seal out water and hold the bulb inside of the assembly, is gone. Wires just hang in there and as far as I have found, I can only replace the entire thing for 44.99. Not bad, but I recall it was very dim when it worked, led is nice and bright ultimately keeping me from hitting the horrible pot holes we have here in Colorado Springs. Turn signals and brake light would be ideal- but I get the magneto thing (sorta) and will just do a little battery operated strobe or something for now. Any ideas you got- I'm more than happy to hear.

CarPlayLB

You are as safe here as you would be in the looney bin! Never trust anyone from Lower Alabama! This is like rehab where everyday is a party! Welcome aboard, buy more minibikes, and have fun!

...and let's see your ride!

Ding Ding

lol at the thread title. I think everyone here felt that same way you did upon finding this site. If you are ready for mini bike overload, you are in the right place.

What do you have for a bike? We want to see what inspired the madness.:smile:

One thing to remember with lights is the small lighting coils on most of these engines are not powerful enough to drive a 55wt bulb.

Most of the old incandescent bulbs were 12-18 watts and a tail light even less.

On my Tecumseh snowblower I put a new H3 style 55wt tractor lamp from Harbor Freight but it was very dim. I swapped the bulb to a 35 watt and it is plenty bright.

Did the same thing on my 1980 Kitty Cat with a 60 CC Suzuki. Swapped the 55wt with these 25wt I got off of eBay and it shines bright! A Pair of H3 12V 25W Long Life Automobile Halogen Lamp Fog Light Clear Bulb | eBay

LED usually requires DC power (rectifier) where these lower wattage bulbs do not.

shes got a baja warrior with a sweet animal skin seat cover lol

didnt you see the pics?

get yourself an LED unit meant to go inside of another housing and make it fit! find yourself a 12v powerwheels or little four wheeler battery and keep it charged.

If you are just wanting light, I ran a mountain bike headlight on my Manco Big Cat for years. Most are LED and run off four AA's and usually come with a rear blinking tail light. Or buy one and mount it inside your headlight shell, stick a little toggle switch on the outside like some of the old choppers had and you are good to go.