Is this worth it? Should I buy it?

Hey,

I am new to this forum but have been on DIY go karts for ages...
Do you think that this is a good deal? It's £175 that's about 275 dollars... The reason why it's so high priced is because there arnt many mini bikes in the UK. In fact I have never seen one in real life in the UK only on the intenrnet..

So here it is I could not find much on the Internet about it.

American Vintage 1960's MINI BIKE - Paddock Pit Hotrod Dragster Elvis Americana | eBay

oldsledz

That is more than I would pay for it , but with you living in the UK it probably is a good deal , because they are hard to find there and shipping will not be much.

TomH

That bike will need more parts to finish. I have no idea what the mini bike market is where you live, but I bet it will be hard to find restoration parts if that is what you are trying to do. Making a rider out of it is a gamble also. Motor has something hanging on that PTO that could be a reduction assembly, and who knows how many other parts might be there but need rebuilding to work. If you can make pieces, or know a good friend that can, it might not be a bad deal.

Motra

Those bikes are rare here in the states. Kind of funny to see one in the UK. The price is probably reasonable since minibikes are unheard of there. I read a history of those bikes somewhere but I can't remember where.

george3

The bike is well worth it if you have the seller show you pics of the pto shaft on the engine with out that cover on it, and it is mini bike correct. 1 prob. the air filter top wont fit on with that year engine. You can cut a slot in the top of the cover. looks cheesy but will work. The rear wheel is junk. the rear sprocket is junk. The rear brake assembly mount is designed wrong but easy fix. If mini bikes are hard to get there and you really want one jump on it. Be ready to spend a min. of 200.00 more to complete it as a good dependable mini bike. I worked on a couple of them Hound Dogs and know them real well. If you need any info on the bike fell free to PM me. You have to post prob. about 10 different times or so to be able to PM someone. Good luck.