Italian Bombardier??!!

Hi all,

I have just joined and what a great site!!

I have just been lucky enough to stumble upon a couple of super mini bikes here in Pt lincoln, South Australia. Genuine barn finds.

I am having trouble finding info on these and would love to hear from some members for some. The first bike from what i can gather is an Italian built Bennelli but sold as a Bombardier. This bike is in amazing unrestored condition with just 1200 Mile showing on the speedo. The Exhaust and manifold are still beautifully chrome and the paint and rest of the chrome are very nice as well. After stripping and cleaning the carb and changing the oil the bike started 3rd kick, and man the sound!! These sound like a beautiful motor! After a warm up I took this bike for a spin and although im no lightweight (100kg) this little weapon really flew!! The owner told me it hadnt been started since thte late 70's!

The owners manual is with the bike and describes the model as a "bombadier Bantam Road". it also came with a new bash plate and what i think is a silencer or baffle that can be placed in the muffler.

I have placed a picture and would love to hear any more info such as year made? I picked up the bike for what i think can only be reasonable for such an original bit of machinery.

The second bike is a race replica Yamaha form (i think the early 80's) but again i know nothing about these other than Yamaha sold them to dealers for promotion purposes. Havn't had a chance to flash her up yet but no reason to believe it shouldnt as well.

Any info greatly recieved, regards and thanks, Shane

The Bombardier, is actually the result of a law suit with Fantic/Broncco. It's not a Benelli. It actually looks EXACTLY like a Fantic Broncco BR/4, BS/4 and TS/4. It does shares some parts with the Benelli like the same wheels, handle controls...but it was originally made by Fantic/Broncco, not Benelli or Bombardier. It's a 4sp, 50cc mini cycle with a Garelli engine on it. I have some pics, if I can find them I'll post them. Hope that helps.

Beauty, thanks jeffdubb8.

After all of my searching i didnt even see the name Fantic/Bronnco come up! Then again I am very new to this subject and know very little about it.

From what I can gather here in Australia we don't have anywhere near the different types of bikes the US and europe have or have had over the years. It seems fairly dominated by the mid 70's 50cc Hondas.,

Thanks again for the info.

Shane

If you go to minidoodle.com they have some pictures under the Broncco section.

Here is a link:

71'BOMBARDIER BANTAM

BRONCO MINIBIKES

I have a manual and some pictures laying around somewhere...but I have to dig them up. Anyway, when you're searching look under Fantic/Broncco TC-4. It's 99% idential to your Bombardier.

bombadier bantam road

hi i own a bomberdier bantam in very good cond with 134 kms on the clock & it gos like stink regards Richard in western australia .i was told that these were given free if you bought a new mitsubishi lancer by a guy who had one when he was a kid.if you need parts contact road & race he has lots of NOS parts

The tiny one is an original "pocketbike" brand pocketbike with a robin chainsaw engine, they were prone to speed wobbles but were fun. We had three and one was the twin to yours, two said Harley Davidson and had Harley colors and decals. Ill handling little turds!:laugh:

Hi all,
Sorry to hijack this thread, but just found this great site, I also have a Bombardier like the 1 pictured above, was running but then just stopped and havent been able to get it started again, not sure if there is some sort of kill switch or not. Also wondering what these little bikes are worth, am thinking of selling but would like to know a rough price of what they are worth?
With thanks Jeff.

buckeye

Jeff, first welcome to OldMiniBikes. Great site with tons of experts and opinions.
Usually folks don't like to put a value on minis or anything really.
Kinda against the rules.
Post up some pics and introduce yourself in the intro section.
Good to have you aboard.

hey all!

Im new to this forum, first post actually!
I know these posts are old, but shano69 I was just wondering if you still had your bombardier bantam? I just bought one in Adelaide. Barn find from the hills :thumbsup:

would like to ask a few questions about it if ya didn't mind?

Bombardier bantam road

Hi, I have the bombardier bantam which is what you have there and also the bantam cross and bombardier also did a larger 50cc bike called bombardier junior. You have a nice bike there. If you want to sell it let me know.

hey all!

Im new to this forum, first post actually!
I know these posts are old, but shano69 I was just wondering if you still had your bombardier bantam? I just bought one in Adelaide. Barn find from the hills :thumbsup:

would like to ask a few questions about it if ya didn't mind?
Hi, I have the bombardier bantam which is what you have there and also the bantam cross and bombardier also did a larger 50cc bike called bombardier junior. You have a nice bike there. If you want to sell it let me know.
This post is four years old and he hasn't been on the site since then.

Last Activity: 10-03-2010 12:16 AM

Hi all,

I have just joined and what a great site!!

I have just been lucky enough to stumble upon a couple of super mini bikes here in Pt lincoln, South Australia. Genuine barn finds.

I am having trouble finding info on these and would love to hear from some members for some. The first bike from what i can gather is an Italian built Bennelli but sold as a Bombardier. This bike is in amazing unrestored condition with just 1200 Mile showing on the speedo. The Exhaust and manifold are still beautifully chrome and the paint and rest of the chrome are very nice as well. After stripping and cleaning the carb and changing the oil the bike started 3rd kick, and man the sound!! These sound like a beautiful motor! After a warm up I took this bike for a spin and although im no lightweight (100kg) this little weapon really flew!! The owner told me it hadnt been started since thte late 70's!

The owners manual is with the bike and describes the model as a "bombadier Bantam Road". it also came with a new bash plate and what i think is a silencer or baffle that can be placed in the muffler.

I have placed a picture and would love to hear any more info such as year made? I picked up the bike for what i think can only be reasonable for such an original bit of machinery.

The second bike is a race replica Yamaha form (i think the early 80's) but again i know nothing about these other than Yamaha sold them to dealers for promotion purposes. Havn't had a chance to flash her up yet but no reason to believe it shouldnt as well.

Any info greatly recieved, regards and thanks, Shane
IMG_20220816_112924.jpg hi mate I think this is the same bike.
I would love a copy of the Manuel if you could help.
I'm in need of some parts and I'm not sure what they are.
Many thanks.

Attachments