It's a pretty blue

I am in the middle of a 1984 Bonanaza 1300 redo. The frame is stripped, chroming done, etc... Does anyone have a paint number, or color chip, or something to closely match the Blue of my bike? And where on this forum might a guy fing Tucumsa (sp) Motor parts. I need a metal data plate for my motor. I don't care if it is 3 or 5hp. I just need one. Thanks John

Try contacting SuperXPower.com web site and talk ti them I believe after a quick look up the p/n for the indentification plate is 31345. Its listed on their website for 66 cents?? But do contact them as they should be able to assist you better.

Bill, I called SuperXPower. The guy said they had no such thing. I tryed to look on the web site but got no where. Could you help me out with the page or area on the web site.

Well... I tell ya what I did when I redid Daves Bonaza and my Chopper... I went to the parts store and found the best match I could and went with that...

Dupicolor makes VERY good quality spray paint and they make a color (T-257 Medium Blue) and that stuff looks VERY close to original.. maybe just a tiny touch darker... But for 12-18 bucks for two cans of paint, and two cans of engine clear... You can do a HELL OF A NICE 20 dollar Bonanza paint job I aint shittin ya.. :thumbsup:

Try the Intense Blue Pearl, too... :wink: That stuff is wild looking.. Not sure of the number but the name is INTENSE blue pearl.. and it'll about blow your eye balls out.. :drool:

Thanks for the info. Sorry it took so long to get back. I took a piece in to color match. The paint would cost about 30 bucks a can. I'm going with dupi-color. Now I must decide on the blues you guy's recomend. Thanks again, John:thumbsup:

I did find two cans of the intense blue pearl in a napa whrhouse in Kansas. They would not ship them because they ship UPS, and it is hazardous material. I'll have to wait till I get to the big city. The nassau blue and the minerua blue did you use a gun or a can? Some times when your in the upper midwest it can get frusterating. John

welll it took a while but I snapped a quicky of Daves bike.. The backk half where the flash hit it is pretty well what the Medium Blue looks like.. :shrug:

[/IMG]
Is this factory paint?, Trying to figure out the factory color for my 1400, the bottom of my swing arm still has the original paint on it and much darker than Nassau Blue.

Blue

I used Chrysler Intense Blue Pearlcoat by PlastiKote. Got it at the local Auto Value store. I think it just makes the bike glow. And it was damn close to the orginal color. PlastiKote paint is tough and gas restant. John Oh Yea! For the wheels I used Rebuilders Cast Finish by PastiKote. I glass beaded the wheels then painted them. The coating will seal the pors and give that new look. It's used by restorers on things like alternators etc...

Last edited:
Thank you , thank you very much. It's going to be in the Grand Forks bike show April 16 - 17. I haven't driven it yet. Want to keep it perfect. I did run it etc... The Red one is going too. Some day maybe a head and tail light, and orginal gas tank. John