It's about the first time......riding a mini bike.

I think the reason we are here is the passion. We saw others ride and we wanted to so bad. And when we got a chance we never forgot that feeling. We all had some of our best times on mini bikes. Good clean (some times dirty) honest fun. I'm 54 yrs old and I am still in love with mini bikes. I am now restoring a Bonanza 1510 MX with a Hodaka E code. This is my first post, but I think we all have that feeling in common. When I was 8yrs old my uncle Bob gave my brother and I a 1510 MX for Christmas, but with a Tecumseh 4 hp. (He blew the Hodaka engine). He instructed us to check the oil every time we rode it, we said ok and he then conked our heads together and asked "What are you going to do every time you ride it" we rubbed our heads and said we will check the oil. He then said he would kick our asses if we blew the engine. Six months later we were dealing with a broken rod that my father taught me to repair. A long story short we all learned and had fun with our mini bikes. I have moved on to teaching my boys about mini bikes and motorcycles, and they are teaching their boys and girls the same. They have the love and passion for mini bikes that my uncle Bob gave us 40 plus years ago. When I see a kid ride a mini bike instead of playing a video game it makes me proud that someone took the time to teach them something that will stay with them their entire lives.