Jacobsen 321 2 cycle

what I did to compensate was to drill out my 5/8 clutch sadly I didnt do a perfect job and the clutch shakes a little bit
another thing you can do is use a 3/4" clutch and install a shim bushing on the crank
of course the final option is to machine the crank to 5/8" I personally prefer to leave vintage parts alone . I have several of these 321 engines my love of them stems from my dad having one on his jacobsen reel mower he was a golfer and insisted we have a reel mower so the yard would be like a putting green :laugh:
That other Jacobsen motor I picked out of the same shed came from a professional greens mower. http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/general-minibike-talk/100134-nice-finds-today.html . Itty bitty PTO. I hope I can make use of that thing cuz I bet it hauls arse. That's about all I could find on that engine. Apparently Jacobsen is associated with golf course machinery.

Last edited:
That is very good quality equipment.

Maybe you would be better off selling it and buying a better suited engine.

If you looked at the video you will see the 321 engine is not real powerful.
But its dead reliable.
Welll cared for they last for a very very long time

This apears to be a Fuji heavy industries product ( Wisconsin... Robbin... Subaru..... depending on age )
Yes apparently Jacobsen bought, or outsourced a lot of their engine production to, a Japanese company. The guy I got it from was thinking it was early 70's but I think it's like 80's. The tank is metal. I like it either way. Haven't had a chance to try n start it yet as I don't have any oil mix. It's got spark and compression. THis weekend for sure.

KB2ROCKET

the one I ended up redoing I bought from a person on here ti came from a WW2 signal corps dc generator and I have one just like yours its from the 70's
they are pretty cool but I really dont have a use for them :shrug:

the one I ended up redoing I bought from a person on here ti came from a WW2 signal corps dc generator and I have one just like yours its from the 70's
they are pretty cool but I really dont have a use for them :shrug:
Worst case I'll restore the edger and sell it. But ima first see if I can do something with it on a kart.