junkyard find

Kyle, Why Is It You Seem To Get All The Good
Deals, the only thing i got in the last 30 days was a old sears dryer,
i wont to put a wire wheel on the motor,when i get a round to itm :thumbsup:

I can't find a thing, and I am out and about all day working. All though today I passed up a old hand grass cutter. I think it was from the 60's. Had some cool grips and handel bars. When I went back for it 4 hours later it was gone. Shi:censure: I was thinking of leaving my name and number at the local scrap yard and tell them I will give them 50.00 a frame??:shrug::shrug::eek:ut:

Nice find...

I picked up a 68 Sensation last Friday...barn find...$25.

The alloy wheels are 6", have 'Sensation Mfg Co.' and 'Ralston, Neb.' cast into the outer rim...the wheels are poor quality metal and the castings have swirls and pits from a too-cool mold.

I'd like to hear what Kyle thinks about his wheels once he gets the bike torn down and has a chance to look at them closely...

I don't know if Sensation had their own foundry or not, but my brothers and I (all former Cushman machinists) were stunned by the poor quality of one of the castings after it came out of the blast cabinet and all the crud was off...it should have been rejected and melted down for a re-cast...the mold was way too cold and the low-quality alloy was clumpy and pitty...

Thanks Scooterboy and minibike dude for the comments. It's flattering that you guys think that! Yellowhand they are not the best cast job I have ever seen. And Wayne, sometimes a diamond shines in a goat's butt, I guess it just happened to be my month.