Just picked up another one

Hey all.

I just picked up another mini. Not sure of the identity of the bike. Best guess Golden Pinto or Alexander Reynolds. Please chime in and school me on the right model and year. I've read some of the other forums and already know the value is ten dollars.:laugh: IMG_4303.JPG IMG_4305.JPG IMG_4307.JPG IMG_4309.JPG IMG_4310.JPG I think I'm catching the fever!

Thanks Dr. Shop. I'll look around our local hardware store, see what I can find. Just for additional info:
Headtube OD=1 1/8"
ID= 7/8"

5/8" mounting bolt

Hey All,

Still having some issues finding the right bushings for the head tube. Id is 5/8" but the od is around.965. Just shy of an inch. Does anyone have a set of these for sale. I really don't want to go to our local machine shop. Everything they machine must be made out of gold...and their prices reflect it. Let me know, thanks in advance.

Bikebudy

Those are the exact ones that I ordered. They don't fit. OD is too small. The inside diameter of the head tube measure approx. .965. I read another thread stating to start with a 5/8 x 1 and shave it down to fit.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Ever consider using thin metal and sleeve the tube, so the bushings fit ?

0.875 is 7/8"
0.965 is 0.09 difference. A thin sleeve of metal should take care of it ?

Lets say I have a standard bicycle but, the seat post is special and slightly smaller.

I would buy a tubing shim adapter, they are very thin and just for this kind of purpose.

They are so thin you can cut the metal with just any pair of household scissors.

26.2 mm Seatpost To 25.4 mm Seat Post Bike Tube Shim Adapter Convert - 80mm | eBay

This is 0.08 difference , you may have to cut a little off for it to fit the tube but, I think it will work.

And it kicks the crap out of that 60 - 70 dollar an hour shop rate.

Last edited:
I would take the 1 inch OD bushing and mount it on a bolt with a nut and chuck it up in the drill press or even a hand drill and take a good file to it as it turned. You don't need to remove much and this should do it fairly easily. Just keep it square and don't taper it.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
I would take the 1 inch OD bushing and mount it on a bolt with a nut and chuck it up in the drill press or even a hand drill and take a good file to it as it turned. You don't need to remove much and this should do it fairly easily. Just keep it square and don't taper it.
Ya know, that's a pretty good Idea also :bowdown:

Send me your address and I'll send you some .001" shim stock used to shim tools in a lathe. Hurry though, I have a date with a hospital and I only have a short time to get it out to you.

Doc