Just picked up another one

Wow, that is an odd size for sure. Standard wall thicknesses on 1 1/8" OD steel tubing are .065 (.995 ID), .095 (.935 ID), .109 (.907 ID), .120 (.885 ID), or .134 (.857 ID)

Thanks for all the input and offers for parts. That's why I joined this site.:laugh: I ran with Bikebudy's idea.

I used some steel collars we had laying around at work. I cut 3/8" out of the collar and worked it down to the right diameter. A little grinding to get the collar thickness right and this problem was licked.

Thanks again. Attached are the photos of the bushings and collars. IMG_4166.JPG IMG_4167.JPG IMG_4169.JPG

Thanks for all the input and offers for parts. That's why I joined this site.:laugh: I ran with Bikebudy's idea.

I used some steel collars we had laying around at work. I cut 3/8" out of the collar and worked it down to the right diameter. A little grinding to get the collar thickness right and this problem was licked.

Thanks again. Attached are the photos of the bushings and collars. View attachment 93471 View attachment 93472 View attachment 93473
That either needs to run the full length of the head tube or you need to drill a hole and spot weld it to the tube. Especially the top one. If you don't it could possibly work its way down below the bushing and be sloppy again. Even just 2 pieces of sheet metal 1/4 to 1/2 inch wide to connect the 2 pieces 180 degrees apart would suffice... You just want to keep them where you need them.

I still would spin the 1 inch bushing and file it down until it fit and be done with it....

Doug