Kawasaki

scored an old Sears Craftsman 1400 generator model #580328320 with a Kawasaki engine. At first I thought it was a Tec but on closer inspection, and web search, turns out to be a Kawasaki. Im going to take the generator off of it and clean it up a bit. The engine turns over and has clean oil in it. Is this even worth messing with? anyone have any experience with these? thanks for any help/comments.

Motra

Those are great little engines but the crank will be tapered. I have service manuals for the flathead Kawasaki's. They're not like Tecumseh's but some people think they're a Briggs copy because they look similar to a Briggs.

zeeman

I have the original engine off my Kawasaki Coyote. It is similar in looks to the Tecumseh, but a completely different animal. I'm not sure what model or year your engine is, but the parts for the K34 are hard to find and expensive.

Alot of those Kawasaki engines were rebadged Robin (now Subaru-Robin, Subaru) engines....real big pain in the ass to get parts for. Id have to see a pic of it though to confirm that...

yes, I forgot to mention they are made(or some or most of them?) by Fuji heavy industries as well. I just saw a 2 stroke Kawasaki horizontal engine, identical to a robin subaru 2 stroke on my local Craigslist. I tried to find it but it must have sold :shrug: Anyway, I always get a laugh out of wisconsin/subaru/robin/fuji/teledyne tags...its like, what do you call it? :eek:ut:

Glenn, that's the exact one i just got. it has the same air cleaner thing, and a straight plug ontop of the head. thanks for the info guys.

Those are great little engines but the crank will be tapered. I have service manuals for the flathead Kawasaki's. They're not like Tecumseh's but some people think they're a Briggs copy because they look similar to a Briggs.
I have a 3.1 hp kawa flathead fa130d as19 from a john dere e 35 . Cant really find out much about it. I started a thread here http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/engines-modifications/72696-kawasaki-fa130d-help.html Do.you have a copy of the service manual?
thanks inadvance