Kick start?

Where could i find a kick starter at? Kikker 5150 hardknock bike has a leafblower honda engine with one. It`d be cool to have a kick start briggs. I`ll post some pics of mine up. I`m new haere my bike is in pieces right now cause i`m painting the frame gloss black and the wheels red idk what kind of mini bike it is.

Welcome to OldMiniBikes,nutwagon, glad you joined up...

I'm interested in kickstarters, too...I'll have to check out Kikker 5150's site to see the one you mentioned...

Are you planning on posting some pics of your bike?

I just painted my frame black this evening...the wheels are yellow, but red sounds cool too...

I plan to post some pics tomarrow afternoon. It`s got a 5 horse briggs right now but I may get a 10-12 hp motor from a guy that needs rebuilt. I need to find some wheels with drum brake hubs too. the tri spokes i found were kinda ugly from mfgsupply.com

I bought a pair of those tri spokes in the 5" size...the drum brake assembly sold at Northern tool bolts right on, but the 72 tooth sprocket didn't leave me enough ground clearance, so I had to chop the center out of a 60 tooth sprocket and weld it to the drum. Works pretty good now though...

10 - 12 hp motor.....that'll get ya movin' right along. I bought a Briggs 5hp for the one I'm building now...good motor...I like it a lot.

Oldsalt

I'm surprised that Briggs does not currently offer a kick start. Many of the early engines had kick starters such as a model Y [circa 20s and 30s]. Sold mine, had two of them, now I wish I hadn't. Have several Maytag [washmachine motors] that have kick starters but they are tiny motors. A model Y has a sprocket in place of the rope rewind starter. The kick pedel has a chain attached that runs over the top of the sprocket and down toward the base of the motor. The other end of the chain is attached with a spring. Simple in design but it would require a lot of fooling around to get it done. How would I get to kikker 5150 site?

www.kikker5150.com

The kickstarter is on a Chinese-made copy of a Honda 110cc /4 speed tranny engine.

They have a couple engines that would be good for building a Tom Thumb bike available in the 'parts' section...comes complete with a mounting plate and jackshaft assembly.