kickstand

george3

....there's a lot of different shaped kickstands floating around,
some were even from old bicycles.

A little heat and a heavy hammer can adapt them.
Dont need heat or hammer just the correct bending tools. the hardest part is the correct length and bends for the bike.

Not sure... I wonder if any of our other Fox owners that have the dual front posts found theirs with a kickstand. :shrug:
Scott & Red, I scrounged around in my junk box and came up with the correct kickstand mount for the twin downtube models of the Fox Doodlebug and Trail Bug. Pic #1 shows a closeup of the mount and pic #2 shows the proper mounting setup. Ogy

Last edited:
here is a nos replacement kick stand for a fox bike(what i was told by a guy that sold fox's in the early 70's) that looks very close to scott and ogy's pictures. the only real differents is the mounting flange has a bend in it? it still carrys the same part number 4515 that scott has on his flange and stamp on the kick stand is atwood-butler,ind. pat.pend.c-9-3919

Scott & Red, I scrounged around in my junk box and came up with the correct kickstand mount for the twin downtube models of the Fox Doodlebug and Trail Bug. Pic #1 shows a closeup of the mount and pic #2 shows the proper mounting setup. Ogy
Great info and pictures guys, thanks for posting them up. Its nice to at least know what you're looking for:thumbsup: I think I've got one lined up now I can make work for now without modifying the bike, so hopefully I'll stumble across one someday

just for the record the one I found at Hershey is a little different that the one OGY posted...same overall shape but it's got an extra little tab sticking up/down :shrug:
I do remember it has the Attwood name stamped in it.....

just for the record the one I found at Hershey is a little different that the one OGY posted...same overall shape but it's got an extra little tab sticking up/down :shrug:
I do remember it has the Attwood name stamped in it.....
Yea, I thought I could see a little tab sticking down, still pretty darn close and a great find though

george3

since its between two supports a bicycle kickstand will work just fine just need to correct the length.

delray

thanks ogy:thumbsup: for posting picture on how that kick stand is mounted. something i will have to go out and look at my kick stand mounts on my bikes. i believe my red and blue bikes are still the original units on them and nothing on my gray primer frame that is a double tubing frame. my nos kickstand should work on that one:thumbsup:
someday ogy i will have to post the different style rear hub and sprocket assemblys i have and figure out witch of them are the correct units.:shrug:

thanks ogy:thumbsup: for posting picture on how that kick stand is mounted. something i will have to go out and look at my kick stand mounts on my bikes. i believe my red and blue bikes are still the original units on them and nothing on my gray primer frame that is a double tubing frame. my nos kickstand should work on that one:thumbsup:
someday ogy i will have to post the different style rear hub and sprocket assemblys i have and figure out witch of them are the correct units.:shrug:
Delray, Because your red and blue Foxes have a single down tube they will take a different kickstand than the one used on the double down tube bikes. I've attached two pics of the kickstand mount for the single down tube models. With regards to the rear sprocket & hub assembly; I am only aware of one type of setup for the Fox bikes with steel wheels. The only variable was the number of teeth on the sprocket and that varied according to what motor they used at the time. At one time or another Fox used: Clintons, Power Products, Lausons, Tecumsehs, and Briggs & Strattons. If you have a different set up; I'd like to see a few pics of it. Ogy

Last edited: