Kinda looks like an MTD?

Texas Ranger missing the front fork plate. There were a number of variations and names for these bikes. One of the other guys will probably have a pic of one or can identify it for sure.

That bike you pictured was mine and lives in Texas now with several others them guys bought that day from me, somehow I ended up with another one that's a roller and am still deciding what to do with it. It is badged "Flying O" on the fork plate so it's an Otasco or Oklahoma tire and supply company version and is the suspended seat model like the SS400 also. The OP's bike could very well be a Texas Ranger, without seeing the original TAV cover it's tough to tell because the Rangers had no plate and the Texas Ranger decal was on the cover. K&S also mad a Texas Ranger. I believe the Rangers were sold through an auto parts chain based in Texas.

Hmmm...Seems I was way off with that Ranger thing. Looks like a plain old Western Flyer SS400
View attachment 82752

The bike was extensively modified and not for the better, the scrub brake was added and that puzzles me because the band brakes work well on those bikes. The footpegs were removed and that bar was added also, it's been bastardized to a high degree but it would make a good rider with some reworking. I actually have an extra band brake bracket for one that I'd love to sell.

Foot pedal is on the left so I wonder where you would rest your foot to operate it. Heel operated brakes can be sketchy.