kits and possibly new parts

Toying with making the cylinder gas tanks i used to build in a kit form as in you get the shell halfs and petcock bung and you supply the filler neck and solder or weld it together . Would be a advanced builders project . Not a real hard one but need skills to make . Tooling to make it would be drill ., bits , pipe tap, dremal and soldering torch maybe a hammer.
Would this be something ya would interested in or should i just build the tanks if i can figure out the tooling to build filler necks . Got a idea to make filler necks dont know if i can get it to work . Got some welding and machining to do .got to figure out how to turn a ford valve stem down , my carbide dont cut it so a Bit to think on how to do it . MMaybe a tool post grinder needs to be made .

Then one im working on is a part to fix flojet carbs . A common issue not saying just what it is yet but lookin at a lock tight that can be used it the fuel bowl or a solder and aluminium flux . Thinking a solder flux would be the better . Old school metal seems to be better then plastic fantastic and cheaper. Well if i make in a kit so you can fix your own carbs that is .

Any ideas thoughts ? Small parts you need made ?

Metal man

I don't know, I'm interested. Maybe an oval shaped one and a round one. Just some pressed/shaped ends (I can easily get tubing to use).

Last edited:

Ok so pics from the past . Think this is bungles tank i built a life tjme ago .... but any way this is the tank one could build with the blanks im messin with .Yor bbasic tank add your filler neck and some work ya got a tank you made
the ruller in the pix is 6 inch so this tank is huge 3/4 gallon or so . I got some could go bigger there burried in the storage .

3 or 4 inch would be a good universal size I think. You could have the ends pressed for just that and alter the gallons by the length of tubing.

Not sure how good an idea it is but the few I've built in the past (with just flat ends) was made using EMT (electrician so stuff I can easily source). One is still on a pressure washer we were given that had a busted plastic tank and as far as I know the other one is still running on a tiller I made for a buddy after he seen the first 5 or so years ago. Now that stuff is galvanized and anybody that knows welding knows it has to be cleaned well before burning it or it will make you sick.