Kroil

If you can find a place that sells it Kroil is one of if not the best penetrate out there. As a boilermaker this is our go too for burnt up overheated rusty painted covered in filth bolts. Give it a shot.

Years ago, I was able to order it directly from Kano Labs. I found it locally at a gun shop but it was wildly expensive. I ended up getting a gallon for as much as it would have cost for two pints locally. It is great stuff; I use it for lots of stuff including gun cleaning. I like the smell, too, but it's probably not good for me for some reason.

I agree, it is the best penetrating oil I ever used. I only have the one 8 oz can so I always try PB blaster first (cheaper and easier to get.)

I see it is available on amazon now, I might have to get another can. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I bought some Kroil, from Kano labs and it works well, but more easily found and just as good for what I see rusted shut, is PB Blaster, easily found at Wal-Mart, and very reasonable price. (so you don't worry about flooding something, over and over, letting it soak overnight)

I bought some Kroil, from Kano labs and it works well, but more easily found and just as good for what I see rusted shut, is PB Blaster, easily found at Wal-Mart, and very reasonable price. (so you don't worry about flooding something, over and over, letting it soak overnight)
PB Blaster is okay for some situations. The only advantage it has over Kroil is you can buy it anywhere like you said. If I had an unlimited supply of Kroil I would never use PB Blaster again.

Last edited:
If you can find a place that sells it Kroil is one of if not the best penetrate out there. As a boilermaker this is our go too for burnt up overheated rusty painted covered in filth bolts. Give it a shot.
It sure is, I had a buddy the worked for GM and he would get me a can once in a while.

Most of my friends are union Boilermakers, you guys are a rowdy bunch!!

PB Blaster is not much different than WD-40 to me. I have used Kroil and it is good stuff but I discovered Gibbs penetrant and wont buy anything else now. Anybody used Gibbs and not found it better than Kroil? I buy it by the case. It is good for anything you use it on. You don't have to soak the part where it drips off either. Just enough for it to penetrate the part and give it time to work. Depending on the piece it can break free almost immediately but 24 to 48 hours is the most I have ever had to wait for a part to free up. If any of you have ever owned anything Magnesium you know how quickly it will oxidize. If you treat it with Gibbs it wont oxidize again. Takes a good cleaning and several applications to get it fully into the porous metal but once its done it will last for at least a year. Then just wipe it down once a year to keep it from oxidizing. Everybody that I have gotten to try it has had the same experience with it and wont buy anything else now. Just my experience with it. If you haven't, give it a try. Order it direct for the best price.

Gibbs Brand

I am not affiliated with this product in any way but I truly am pleased with it. I find a new use for it weekly.