Kustom Evel Knievel Doodle bug :)

Growing up I always wanted a old school style mini bike. I also loved Evel Knievel when I was a kid so it just seemed like a natural thing to do :thumbsup: I got 2 brand new DB30's for $300 and quickly learned the stock bike was not what I was looking for. Most of my riding is done on gravel and dirt trails with some serious hills. I was trying to keep the cost down as much as I could so a lot of the parts I had laying around in my garage (I'm kinda a pack rat) So heres a list of the mods that I can remember.

6.5 HP clone with the govern removed.
Rear wheelbase stretched about 7" and raised about 2"
Jackshaft
rear disc brake fliped
Welded bolts to the 6.5 gas tank and placed on top of the frame.
Air box on engine removed
Suspension seat, This is a real FOX shock I stole from my old mountain bike. It works great and is fully adjustable, gets about 4-5" of travel.
Red white and blue Zip ties :wink:
Evel Knievel graphics, with a custom made sign plate on the front.
My wife is a graphics designer and we do a lot of custom vinyl jobs

This bike :censure: screams up hills now! Hopefully in the near future A torque converter will be going on it, I still have some cutting and grinding to do to remove the old tabs that arnt being used. I finally figured out how to install a 5" suspension fork from my old mountain bike, that will be going on pretty soon.

Jordon

Don't break any bones. No bones about it... It is a tribute bike to a very crazy man!

Jumping Ceasar's Palace... Breaking bones four and five times in the same spot!

If your balls touch that tank, your done, fella..

I do like the jackshaft. I do like the disc and sprocket swap.

Good Job! Stick around and help other's....

TT :weld:

Definitely different. I like it except for the tank. I love E.K when I was growing up as a kid. Most of are stunts we tried on are bicycles were based on Evils jumps, Just on a kid level. A buddy of mine had every toy out in the seventy,s that E.K. had marketed. Loved the stunt cycles. I would change the gas tank to something like cjtmini did to his, The tank that came with the engine does not do it for me. Were did you get the decals for your bike or is the strips and star painted on.

This bike :censure: screams up hills now! Hopefully in the near future A torque converter will be going on it, I still have some cutting and grinding to do to remove the old tabs that arnt being used. I finally figured out how to install a 5" suspension fork from my old mountain bike, that will be going on pretty soon.

Jordon
Wow, looks good.

delray

maybe a video jumping a curb or something............:scooter:just kidding. you better just keep it on the ground:thumbsup:

I actually like the tank a lot. Its not perfect but it was free :smile: If I did ever change it, it would be to some kinda mini keg. There really isnt much chance of hitting your nuts on it, its almost the same height as the seat so you would pretty much slide over the top of it.

You cant really tell form the pics but with the wheel base extended so much it looks like one of those dirt bike hill climbers. I'll take some more pics this weekend, and some close ups of the seat/shock.

no shit! he was flying and got some mad air off that huge ramp. i was amazed that he landed it without busting the front end off the bike.

here's one of me landing a wicked jump.

Hey That looks like a Cat and a Tecumseh! I wouldnt jump a BD either! :thefinger: