Late '60s CAT Minibike mini bike

Newly refinished Cat(late 60s/early 70s, never ran the numbers). Custom diamond tuck upholstered seat. Slick in the rear. Lots of new parts and the rest have been refinished. New clutch, shocks, cables, tires, pull and cord, most gaskets, peg rubber and all new hardware. Custom made 2bbl air cleaner mount, rear shock connector and roller chain tensioner. I've had a blast with this in the month or so since i've completed it but just need just need the room and cash. Sorry but I won't ship. PM for price. Serious inquiries only please.

jeep4me

I'm not a big fan of the Cat minibikes, but I have to say yours is the nicest I've seen.:thumbsup:

BTW, where is Berywn?

Wow, thanks a lot guys. Yeah, Berwyn, IL, is just west of Chicago(15-30 mins). The seat is the original metal pan. It was in pretty bad shape when i got it but i welded everything back up, hammer and dollied it straight. There's one layer of closed cell foam under the diamond tuck for a little more cushion. I also bed linered the bottom for a nicer look and more protection. I guess i could add the helmet but that would be $675obo. Its a new Biltwell thats only been worn about 10 times. Thanks a lot for the nice comments! Found a couple more pics. Let me know if pics of something specific is wanted/needed to get a good idea of what is for sale.

Yeah its nice. You must have changed engine plates or somethin. What kinda brakes on it?

This looks like a cat 400x (my first minibike) they have an open spot in the engine plate for chain clearance, and also a tab of metal plate for the sprocket, disk brake caliper to mount.

It motor plate doesn't seem liked it's been touched. I haven't touched and there are no signs of modification. I guess it could have been but i honestly don't believe it has been modified. IT originally had one of these:

Chain Guide (CAT Replacement)

but it was shot so i just made the roller because i figured it would cause less friction. I'll get a shot of it but it has custom brakes that clamp the rear sprocket. There was an existing hanger on the frame right in front of the sprocket so i used that. It has a new bicycle lever thats been slightly customized.

The engine plate probably hasn't been touched. It's probably not a late 60's but more like a '70-'71. My '69 Cat 400x has a opening in the engine plate with no chain guide, unlike my '71 Cat 400x and my '72 Cat R4001 that has the chain guide and no opening in the engine plate.
That seat looks like a Bonanza chopper seat, definitely not a Cat seat.

Last edited:
You can kinda see the original seat and cover here a little better. Bent to hell but you can still kinda make it out
The seat was changed before you bought the bike...it is not the original seat. Here is a pic of what the bike would have come with originally...notice the angle brackets that the shocks and seat mount to. (and where the brackets themselves mount/connect to the frame)

Regardless...NICE BIKE !!!

Thats so much more sense now. The seat was destroyed because it was never supposed to be mounted like that. I added that rear connection because it was too flemsy just the shocks and pan. Added spaces to set the springs a little for clarence. Thats awesome, thanks for the info and pic!

thanks a lot. I was kinda thinking that thing. It would have been nice to have the original but this one seems to flow with the bike.

You can kinda see the original seat and cover here a little better. Bent to hell but you can still kinda make it out
I'd put the star center cap back on in the center of the rim. Paint them black if you have them., they make it look like a cat IMO and more original.:thumbsup: