Lead me to front shocks

I've been searching the web like crazy for some type of front shocks for the db. I tried the badger 100 set up, but apparently it is not produced anymore. If anybody knows of any source for any kind of shock set up with minimal fabrication that would be rad. I have welder access, but really just need guidance on what parts to get and the easiest way to make this happen. any links Or info is greatly appreciated. -thirdeye

There is no easy answer, or cheap for that matter. Cheap leads to a more time consuming fabrication of triple trees :mad2: like these

Which in turn nets you this....after many hours of this :cursing::freakout:

Made with these off ebay at that time were $40 shipped for the pair (supposedly Yamaha PW80 forks)

So there is no easy fix for the db's rough ride aside from Motovox's mbx11 front forks becomming available (hasnt happened so far) There are a few options out there. The Honda z50 forks have been made to work on the db's I think by an awesome member (shoe) that has passed and I believe some pit bike forks have been used also. Search also for the Wolf bros thread they did on a modified Powell Challenger!! Good luck! :thumbsup:

I have seen your setup there jdogg, as well as your build. I certainly like it, Seems very solid; something I would need for the offroading I do. I really like the look of the fork for the z50.

Yes actually. I got a fork off ebay for about 50 bucks. I'll get a pic up soon. It is going to take some fab work to make it work. Only problem it looks like I may have is gonna be the wheel being to wide. So I may have to get a different wheel or cut and widen the fork.

Yes actually. I got a fork off ebay for about 50 bucks. I'll get a pic up soon. It is going to take some fab work to make it work. Only problem it looks like I may have is gonna be the wheel being to wide. So I may have to get a different wheel or cut and widen the fork.
Please shoot me a pm if you are still interested in front springer forks.:thumbsup:

Alright heres what i got:

So the handle bars I just took from an old bike in my backyard. I don't plan on using them for long term, but maybe just to get everything mocked up. Painted it black. mocked up the wheel. Going to cut the spacers. The hole for the axle bolt is to wide so I need to figure something out there, same with the stem bolt. Possibly weld some washers to reduce the size. Its gonna take a little work, but I know its gonna be worth it.

Best bet would be to find a local machinist who can make you some bushing to go from what size it is to what you need and then just slap them in place.

which forks did you get... is your project for street use? you can get a pocket bike front rim, if it will be any slimer... i ordered an x7 wheel/tire which should be here by early next week, the tire i chose is a 90/65-8 (so roughly 3.5" wide, 12" tall), if you like the look and 8" tire?

i think i may have gotten the wrong tire size but wont know until i get the front rim... maybe should have gone with a 130/50-8 (which would be roughly 5" wide and 14" tall)

Last edited:
I have the stock wheel. It just fits with the Carlisle 15x5x6. This mini is mainly for off road, I was gettin tired of the rough ride. I run the X-trac in the rear.

Well I was waiting for a friend to help me do some welding to get this together better. But it never happened and i figured it was long enough, so I went and got some parts. I found some spacer at the hardware store and grabbed a longer bolt for the stem. I used the spacers on the axle and the stem. I got it riding and it is pretty nice. didnt do any off road, but still feels better.

Pics: