Leave it to the experts

Bird built, could be a Sears or Pennys bike. Callled Runabout and Falcon maybe other names. jimh is the final word on these bikes, he would likely know the exact name. The disc brake mount is cool with a scrub, makes me think Falcon but I'm nit certain.:shrug:

I'm not the final word on anything:laugh: That's a strange one. The little single tab at the neck and the diagonal rear wheel mount usually aren't seen on the same bike. The scrub brake mount is different. Maybe modified?? The little spacer and spring look strange too. Usually the trees fit the neck,and the ones with the little neck bracing give out and the lower tree cuts into the frame. The caliper mount looks like the one on a square backed Wren looking frame I have. I can't find anything on it either. If I had to guess I'd say yours was a Big Blue from Penneys or a variation of it. Birds are like Arcos. They made so many models that were sold so many places,some may never be 100% identified. Maybe some new brochures or catalog ads will show up someday.

I think its the same frame i gave to my buddy Robert
...yeah...without the scrub.

...I was staring at that thing for an hour last night and felt foolish that I couldn't name it, so many little things about it looked familar. Now I don't feel so bad :laugh:

This is a job for SimpleTom!!!!

I'm not the final word on anything:laugh: That's a strange one. The little single tab at the neck and the diagonal rear wheel mount usually aren't seen on the same bike. The scrub brake mount is different. Maybe modified?? The little spacer and spring look strange too. Usually the trees fit the neck,and the ones with the little neck bracing give out and the lower tree cuts into the frame. The caliper mount looks like the one on a square backed Wren looking frame I have. I can't find anything on it either. If I had to guess I'd say yours was a Big Blue from Penneys or a variation of it. Birds are like Arcos. They made so many models that were sold so many places,some may never be 100% identified. Maybe some new brochures or catalog ads will show up someday.
Now I don't feel so bad not knowing and since Kyle Moody got that other one posted we know it's supposed to have the caliper mount. Yeah Bird sure did make a lot of minis and karts for a host if different outfits. A cool looking little bike whatever we're calling it.:thumbsup: