Lifelong Friend Passed Away....

jeep4me

After an 18 month battle with cancer, my best friend past away on Tuesday, August 10, 2010. He was 43 years old and leaves behind a 12 year old son and his wife. He was buried yesterday morning.

I have known him since I was in 1st grade and lived 3 houses away for the better part of our younger years. He was in my wedding and I was in his. We partied together and cried together. I even lived with him for about a year after my first marriage ended. Not too often do you find a friend as good as him.

When we were kids my friend had a Heath Kit Boonie bike and some other yellow minibike. These were the first minibikes I had ever seen.

He will be missed. Please pray for his family in this time of loss.

Thanks!! Steve

Troy Winker Obituary: View Troy Winker's Obituary by Grand Rapids Press

man i know its hard buddy. am sure he knew how much he meant to you. one thing Steve he is all well now in gods hands . hang in there ,,,,,,glenn:scooter::smile:

Man I feel your pain! My wifes best friend passed away 5 years ago of cancer, she was only 37. She left behind 2 early teen daugters and a 3 year old son and a husband. She was fighting it on and off for about 2 years I think and then in the last month just took a huge turn for the worst and then she was gone. We still to this day are in shock and how young she was and what she had to leave behind and the effect that had on their younger children. We sure do miss all the good times we had with her, and talking about her and funny stories always helps us when feel down and miss her.

Anyway, sorry for your loss man, I'll keep ya in my prayers for sure :thumbsup:

Steve : knowing that the end is coming to a lifelong friend with whom you have shared so much life with is in no way lessened the anguish and sorrow involved in the passing. Sticking by the family and filling the gap in small ways is a way of easing the grief. Be there for the family in both prayer and your actions and it will be a way to show your feelings.
Steve :scooter:

Hey Steve, as sad as this is, its part of life. No one is going to escape this end. I have no words to make you feel better. Death is the ultimate end we all face. Sounds like your buddy was a good human being and will be remembered and missed in a good way. Be thankful you were his friend as I am sure he was for your friendship. The impression each of us leaves is all we can do. Sounds like he left a good one. Keep an eye on his son and guide him as your Buddy would do. If he needs a mini let us know. We can fix that!

Fred

Steve, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, I know how the loss of a best friend can leave you empty and numb, I had a friend just like yours, grew up together, built his first mini and countless other bikes and cars over the years, the only difference is that he took himself out of the game on a day we were suppose to go riding.....this forum is full of screen names, but behind the names are real people that share these same fun memories that you and your friend did, and we'll be here for you! Please allow yourself to vent (grieve), take it one day at a time

TC

Sorry for your loss. My best buddy died years ago of a brain tumor. He was 23 years old, I still think of things I want to tell him. Support his family the best you can.
Hang in there,
Don

Last edited:
Prayer Sent for family, you and yours.

I know your pain to well and am truly sorry for your loss.

Had the same type deal in July 07.
My buddy was closer to me and my son than a brother/uncle.
My son was 20 then and I never saw him cry like that even when he was little guy, I had a real bad time keeping it together myself, we still miss him alot.

We still laugh and talk about some of the stuff he pulled and will never be forgotten. R.I.P. my brother.

Cancer is a miserable :censure::censure::censure::censure: disease!