Lighting coil plug question

So I am working with a H50 with lighting coil. As most of you know there is the plug that runs off the coil for running lights and it has three prongs that look like a small pyramid, one on top, two on the bottom, or vice versa depending on how you are looking at it. My guess is that the single prong on top is for a kill switch and the two on the bottom are for lights, can someone verify whether or not I am correct on that?

Unfortunately that does not help me, but I do appreciate you posting the link. The picture does not show which prong is which does it? I have attached a picture to show what I am talking about. My headlight only has two wires coming out of it.

Last edited:
Are the wires going into the plug colored? The headlamp should have 2 or 3 connections, depending on if it has a high beam or not. One of those connections will be ground.

yup, green should be kill (ground) ground it out to stop the motor, then some have two hot wires for lights, but most are an out and back type of circuit... If memory serves me correctly I believe the bumped up area is your kill (green) then the other two will be your hot and negative to the lights.. Or two hots.. I would just use a multi-meter to test for a charge. If ya don't have one of those a light bulb should tell you who is who in there...

I agree, the two wires side by side are probably hot. Use one of them to go one side of the headlight, the other side of the headlight would be grounded to the frame. That would leave one unused wire on that plug. Try that along with the third wire going to the kill switch.

i found the harness off my mini and it look like the one plug on top . is the kill so the 2 side by ones are power and the single is the kill