Lil Blue rides again

Cleaned out the garage and found this ol girl sitting in the corner. This was the 1st db I ever rebuilt. When I bought it for $20 off cl it was a frame, wheels, 3.5hp anchor, and a bungee cord.

I think it was around 2012 when I built it... never added the cool kidney bean double tank I had bought for it.. just used an old tank that bolted on easy. When I found her again the other day I knew I had to add the tank to really call her "finished". So I welded on the brackets and painted the tank.. now to just touch up the rest of the paint and she'll be done.

Still rides like a beast

Attachments

Its good to get this bike out again. I took 3 rides since then and thats good enough for me. Time to sell it before it kills me and get another gokart. Got a road course dirt track going and this thing is just death waiting to happen. Not like the city streets i used to ride it on. Always turned lots of heads riding her back then.

Nice! I'd be getting me some 1/2" aluminum banding and strap that tank down. Polished of course.
I have a white fuel tank strap I had intended to run down the center.. just gotta find where I put it. Tanks not going anywhere.. zips just acting as white strap would to keep stress and vibration off lil brackets I welded.